Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Old 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
yeah, sometimes i have to turn the sound low when i'm passing other cars ! hahahaah
LOL I know that feeling well :p

Its weird what one used to like :) A few of the mix tapes I made as a teenager are very dubious!

Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight

Elvis Presley- Sunshine

Guitar Wolf- Jet Generation

TeenGenerate- Wild Wild Teengenerate

and various old country and garage mixes I have made in the past few months.
I've always really enjoyed the Sun Sessions stuff by Elvis. Teengenerate and Guitar Wolf are fucking awesome. I saw a Japanese music festival awhile ago on TV that had those guys alongside people like Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, Iggy Pop and a few others. I wish I had've taped it there were some mental acts. I was all set to see Guitar Wolf this year but their bass player unfourtunatley died so I think they've called it quits which bums me out cause I missed them the first time they played over here.
What sort of stuff is on your country mixes. I've been listening to a lot of Hank Williams latley and am looking for some more guys to get into. I had a bunch of great 60s garage compilations a while ago there's some awesome music out of that period I love stuff like The Sonics, The Wailers, Mouse and the Traps, Sam The Sham and The Pharohs, and Downliners Sect. Its definatley a period of music that slips under the radar.

I've been listening to these a lot so far this week:

BLUE CHEER - Vincebus Eruptum

Defintley a underated album. Easily one of my favorite albums of the 60s. These guys do some crazyily heavy noisey shit. They do Summertime Blues better than anyone.

WHITE ZOMBIE - La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1

I used to really dig this album as a teenager and have started sessioning it again. Great horror movie influenced rock n roll! Not really into what Rob Zombie went on to do music wise (loved his film tho and am looking foward to more) but this album is definatley a total fucking classic!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

Another strange selection!

ESC 2005 - Kiyv:

Gracia:Run & Hide (Germany)
Gulseren:Rimi Limi Ley (Turkey)
Ivan & Delfi:Black Haired Girl (Poland)
NOX:Spin, World! (Hungary)
Son Del Sol:Witchcraft (Spain)
Vanilla Ninja:Cool Vibes (Switzerland)
Wig Wam:In My Dreams (Norway)
Zdob Si Zdub:Granny Beats The Drum (Moldova)
Old 07-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
TO Elvis Christ:

nice Dead Moon avatar. very nice. do you like the Rats, or any of their other early bands?

the Sonics are one of my favorite bands of all time.

I had the chance to see Guitar Wolf's last show. the one right before Billy died.

Blue Cheer is amazing. my fave song is "Second Time Around"

some old country greats that I like are:
Hank Snow
Roy Acuff
Kitty Wells
Wanda Jackson

I mainly listen to old country and old garage/punk/rock n roll. I like most all old country folks that were pre-1980 (I even like some very select stuff from the 80s and 90s. today's country is complete shite though, except for a very few select "alt country" groups and/or people).

TO urgeok:

the Modern Lovers did release two (I think) studio albums. from what I've read/heard their history is kind of patchy when it comes to the facts. all of the songs they recorded were recorded in a studio, and some even by David Geffen way back in the day. I know Kim Fowley recorded those songs on "the Original Modern Lovers" album, some of which didn't make it onto the first record.

Last edited by knife_fight; 07-20-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

only Newb and Taylorsmommy will appreciate this :

but i've been stuck at work late a few times and every time i've been compelled to listen to Supertramps : Even in the quietest moments.

i have to say that i really like that band .. theres something comforting about those vocals ...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
Living After Midnight, The best of Judas Priest
AND
Misfits Meet the Nutley Brass, Fiend Club Lounge
Old 07-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Marroe
Living After Midnight, The best of Judas Priest
AND
Misfits Meet the Nutley Brass, Fiend Club Lounge
Gotta love the Priest \m/ \m/ I was just listening to their album Sad Wings Of Destiny. Victim Of Changes blows me away.... gets me all emotional everytime *sheds emo tear* I listen to British Steel heaps aswell especially for the songs Rapid Fire and Grinder.
What's the deal with the other one? Misfits done lounge stlye :confused: sounds pretty out there!

Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight
TO Elvis Christ:

nice Dead Moon avatar. very nice. do you like the Rats, or any of their other early bands?

I had the chance to see Guitar Wolf's last show. the one right before Billy died.

I haven't been able to track down any of The Rats yet but my eyes are peeled. Fred Cole's music just cuts right through me he'd have to be my favorite songwriter of all time. I've been listening to this one a lot the last couple of days:

That Guitar Wolf show would've been awesome I'm really jealous :mad: :p Guitar Wolf actually made rock n' roll matter again they were a fuck of a lot better than the current wave of 70s rock wanna be bullshit.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
Quote:
What's the deal with the other one? Misfits done lounge stlye sounds pretty out there!
It's a tribue, but it was produced by Jerry Only. Very out there indeed, s'kinda like elevator music. I tried to get into it, but I just can't....I think Imma put this one up til my next cocktail party:rolleyes:
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Misanthrope

I thought Jerry Only would've flogged the dead horse of the Misfits enough by now :rolleyes: thanks Jerry for turning a once great band into a embarrasing mechandise machine.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:04 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
currently I've been listening to:

Confessions of a Knife: My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult

The Mind is A Terrible Thing To Taste: Ministry

Symbols: KMFDM
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 07-24-2005, 09:45 PM
GRAVE DANCER

Norma Jean - Bless the Child, Kiss the Martyr
Modest Mouse ( I cant believe i like this shit )
Cannibal Corpse- The Wretched Spawn ( Decency Dified :D )
The Showdown- Chorus of Obliteration
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest