Old 06-14-2019, 02:46 AM
Evil Dead

Not really a concert but went to first play last night . ON GOLDEN POND at Winnipesaukee Playhouse in Meredith NH with author Ernest Thompson playing Norman. Good presentation and find as I've gotten older, I can appreciate the story more.
In small world parlance, Ernest is in one of our Yoga classes and had no idea he was the Oscar winning writer until another classmate told me.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Evil Dead

Alice Cooper 8/11/19. Really good show with a new stage set and MANY deep cuts being played. Never thought I would hear "My Stars" live. Really ace band too, especially Ryan Roxie on GTR.

Opening was Motionless in White (Meh) and Halestorm. HS has really good players and Lizzy quite engaging,. b ut all the screaming wore thin.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:46 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Not really a concert but went to first play last night . ON GOLDEN POND at Winnipesaukee Playhouse in Meredith NH with author Ernest Thompson playing Norman. Good presentation and find as I've gotten older, I can appreciate the story more.
In small world parlance, Ernest is in one of our Yoga classes and had no idea he was the Oscar winning writer until another classmate told me.
Awwww. Meredith, NH is so lovely. Makes me think of driving up to North Conway with my ex.

Last concert for me was Jimmy Eat World & Third Eye Blind. My teenage and 20-something selves were nerdily high fiving the whole time.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!

Last edited by ChronoGrl; 08-17-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:08 AM
Evil Dead

The Lakes begin of NH (where Meredith is ) is indeed lovely

Blue Oyster Cult 8/24/19 Flying Monkey Plymouth NH

Wife is a huge BOC fan (12 times since 1978) and got Third row seats. Band played well and seemed to be looser than usual. Only beef I have is a LOT of the same songs played from last few shows (although "Dr Music" opened the show and a new one from upcoming album) and while Classic Rock bands have the songs that they HAVE to play, a group with such an extensive catalogue should have more options. But the nearly sold out crowd certainly enjoyed it.
Best part for us was meeting Richie Castellano (GTR/Keys/Vocals) outside the venue (going to dinner) and after the show along with hellacious long time drummer Jules Redino.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:29 AM
Evil Dead

BJ Thomas-Laconia High School Auditorium, Laconia NH 9/13/19

LHS auditorium has had other performers from the last few years like Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits), Mary Wilson (Supremes) and Denny Laine (Moody Blues, Wings) and although it might have seemed a comedown, for Me, a gig is a gig. No admission and first come first seated.
Good show overall, but many of the same songs-and Stage patter- from last couple, b ut no slacking off and band great helped out by a horn section. Played the usual hits, but threw in an awesome "Knock on Wood" before Jackie Wilson's "Higher and Higher" closed the show.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

TUSK-Capitol Centre for the Arts, Concord NH 11/01/19. They are a Fleetwood Mac tribute band and do a solid job every time, pretty much selling out every venue when they come to the area.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:50 AM
Evil Dead

Gary Puckett and The Union Gap-Flying Monkey, Plymouth NH 11/22/19

Not really a fan, but wife loves the hits, so we got second row center again-don't know how she does it. Gary looks great-slim and energetic and other musicians very good. His voice very strong and besides the singles (opening with the 20th Century Fox fanfare into "Lady Willpower"), also played covers hat were on the 60's albums like "Kentucky Woman", "Lady Madonna" and "The Mighty Quinn".

Wife went to Manchester NH with a couple of friends to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra last night and she said it was awesome. A lot of activity from someone who had knee replacement surgery a few weeks ago.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:43 AM
Evil Dead

Wizards of Winter-12/19/19 Tuelo Ballroom Derry NH.

Second time seeing them. As mentioned, are very much in Trans-Siberian Orchestra realm, but with energy and ambience of their own. Good long show with solid performances, particularly by Trixter/Def Leppard gtr Steve Brown who was nonstop and enjoying himself immensely.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:33 AM
Evil Dead

Kashmir 1/4/20 Tupelo Derry NH.

Actually managed to get off work, so had tickets in the back as got them last minute, but different perspective of the show and they were as good as ever, although I wish they would trim a few numbers from the first two albums.

Still, solid playing throughout and a nice acoustic portion they played after intermission with "Tangerine" standing out.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:05 AM
Evil Dead

Cheap Trick-Capital Centre for The Arts, Concord NH 2/4/20

Like a lot of CT and great seeing them in a smaller venue (1300 seats). Solid last night with Robin Zander's voice still strong and vibrant . Rick Nielsen still wild as ever with solid playing, prowling the stage and throwing probably 100 picks out in the crowd. truly enjoyed "Big Eyes", "California Man", "Out in the Street" (theme from THAT 70'S SHOW), "Never Had a Lot to Lose", "Need You Love" and "Surrender".