Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Evil Dead

Near Dark: the remake!

Near Dark To Rise Again

Rogue Pictures is developing a remake of the 1987 vampire film Near Dark, the Dread Central Web site reported. According to the site's "very reliable sources," producers Amy Kaufman and David Bixler have started soliciting pitches from writers for a new version of the script. Rogue recently produced the domestic horror films Cry Wolf and Seed of Chucky and distributed Shawn of the Dead in North America.

The original Near Dark centered on a young man (Adrian Pasdar), who falls in love with a vampire (Jenny Wright) and faces the choice to become immortal himself. The film also stars Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein and Bill Paxton. The Web site reported that Rogue isn't planning any drastic changes to the story from the original version, which has become a cult favorite among horror fans.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Re: Near Dark: the remake!

Quote:
Originally posted by phantomstranger
The Web site reported that Rogue isn't planning any drastic changes to the story from the original version, which has become a cult favorite among horror fans.
... What are they re-making it for then, the original is a classic

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 10-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Hooray for totally unnecessary remakes! I could see a sequel... maybe. A remake though, simply has no reason to exist.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:04 PM
whatever gets you through

hollywood is bankrupt - all the new ideas are being blogged to death - creative is an outmoded value. . . if anyone needs me I'll be in the toilet, quietly sobbing to myself
Old 10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Well, now maybe Ill get off my ass and get around to renting/buying the original....havnt bothered to yet. Good, I assume?:D
Old 10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
new owner of hell

Re: Near Dark: the remake!

Quote:
Originally posted by phantomstranger
Near Dark To Rise Again

Rogue Pictures is developing a remake of the 1987 vampire film Near Dark, the Dread Central Web site reported. According to the site's "very reliable sources," producers Amy Kaufman and David Bixler have started soliciting pitches from writers for a new version of the script. Rogue recently produced the domestic horror films Cry Wolf and Seed of Chucky and distributed Shawn of the Dead in North America.

The original Near Dark centered on a young man (Adrian Pasdar), who falls in love with a vampire (Jenny Wright) and faces the choice to become immortal himself. The film also stars Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein and Bill Paxton. The Web site reported that Rogue isn't planning any drastic changes to the story from the original version, which has become a cult favorite among horror fans.
so its basicly a face lift.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Misanthrope

:rolleyes: lame as fuck :rolleyes:
Old 11-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Evil Dead

It won't be much longer until Hollywood begins remaking movies before the original is released! Oooops! did I say "original?" :D :D
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
..its only a movie...

Near Dark was a good movie, but doesnt need a remake, christ it isnt even 20 years old yet.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
new owner of hell

WHY?, OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY?

the original is a classic, and not even 20 years old( not saying that anything older than 20 years should be remade). no body is going to be able to recapture the things that were good about the film.