Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 11-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Scares Little Kids

Cool A Nightmare on Elm Street REBOOT - New Face Of Freddy!

It's been recently confirmed that A Nightmare on Elm Street is getting a reboot, who do you think should play the new Freddy Krueger? I'd cast Willem Dafoe, William Fichtner, Jared Leto or Jake Gyllenhaal.......... BUT... Here's the article:

http://scyllar.com/11-10-2015/New-Fa...Freddy/96.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A-NIGHTMARE-ON-ELM-STREET-REBOOT.jpg (24.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Banned

I heard about this a while back. I thought Robert Englund was coming back though. The remake that came out a while back was horrible and I would only imagine having someone else playing Freddy wouldn't make it any better. If Englund plays Freddy I will check it out but otherwise, no thanks.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:55 PM
No Tears Please...

I was actually really happy with how Jackie Earl Hayley played Freddy. Its not his fault the writing was terrible. He had the right kind of presence, maybe needed to work on the voice a little more, but otherwise he did a great job.

Robert Englund will not play Freddy again. There isn't even a remote chance. But I will never snub a remake because it doesn't run the same people. Remakes are a good thing and a necessity to keep the originals alive. I will happily see this when it comes out.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 11-10-2015, 11:14 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Remakes are a good thing and a necessity to keep the originals alive.
I'm sorry, friend, what...

You're surely entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how molesting a classic can keep the originals alive. (I'm speaking of remakes in general, not just the NOES series.)

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I'm sorry, friend, what...

You're surely entitled to your opinion, but I don't see how molesting a classic can keep the originals alive. (I'm speaking of remakes in general, not just the NOES series.)
Its not to terribly difficult. How many people do you think, young people, say 15-25 years old, saw the new NOES but had not seen the original? Odds are give or take 30% of the people who saw it had not seen the original. That 30% are a younger, much different crowd. After they see the new one maybe they are intrigued about the original and seek it out. You have to understand that an original slasher from the 80's will eventually fizzle and fade into oblivion as the people our age start to grow old and the movie is all but forgotten. To stretch that a little further and give you a feel for what I mean, there was a surge is sales for Bella Lugosi's Dracula following the release of Bram Stoker's Dracula in 1992. Why? Because a lot of the people who saw the new one became newly interested in seeing older ones.

Despite what we believe, movies have a shelf life if they are not watched, and in order to keep them being watched, newer, younger, and in some cases dumber audiences have to be pulled in and shown where to find them. We are not a huge army, we cannot show the world movies we grew up loving, but a remake can reintroduce a character to a new audience that might not have ever seen them before.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 11-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I heard about this a while back. I thought Robert Englund was coming back though. The remake that came out a while back was horrible and I would only imagine having someone else playing Freddy wouldn't make it any better. If Englund plays Freddy I will check it out but otherwise, no thanks.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:03 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Its not to terribly difficult. How many people do you think, young people, say 15-25 years old, saw the new NOES but had not seen the original? Odds are give or take 30% of the people who saw it had not seen the original. That 30% are a younger, much different crowd. After they see the new one maybe they are intrigued about the original and seek it out. You have to understand that an original slasher from the 80's will eventually fizzle and fade into oblivion as the people our age start to grow old and the movie is all but forgotten. To stretch that a little further and give you a feel for what I mean, there was a surge is sales for Bella Lugosi's Dracula following the release of Bram Stoker's Dracula in 1992. Why? Because a lot of the people who saw the new one became newly interested in seeing older ones.

Despite what we believe, movies have a shelf life if they are not watched, and in order to keep them being watched, newer, younger, and in some cases dumber audiences have to be pulled in and shown where to find them. We are not a huge army, we cannot show the world movies we grew up loving, but a remake can reintroduce a character to a new audience that might not have ever seen them before.
In some cases it works, if a reboot is thought out with even a LITTLE consideration. But then you get shit Tim Burton raping Dark Shadows and people get the wrong impression about the show and thing the show's terrible when it's really the movie that was absolute crap. I guess I should have rephrased that reboots are fine if the writer/director doesn't have their head(s) up their ass.

But there are channels and people dedicated to getting classics out there and opening the minds of people who will give something made with care a chance. If someone's too stupid to follow the story or appreciate the cinematography, then oh well they don't deserve it. You're weeding out bad fans then.

And I think you underestimate our army my friend, I knew much of horror before watching it and getting involved with the fandom. A classic doesn't die out, remakes or not. Names like Freddy, Micheal, and Jason's are not so easily forgotten.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned

I will say in defense of the remake that Freddy's makeup did resemble that of a burn victim more than Englund's makeup and he did have a darker side rather than a comedian with witty catch phrases. It would have been better if it had Rooney Mara's boobies in it.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I will say in defense of the remake that Freddy's makeup did resemble that of a burn victim more than Englund's makeup and he did have a darker side rather than a comedian with witty catch phrases. It would have been better if it had Rooney Mara's boobies in it.
And worse if it had Mickey Rooney's boobies in it, I imagine.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
And worse if it had Mickey Rooney's boobies in it, I imagine.
you're just a regular buzz killington

Tags
a nightmare on elm street, freddy krueger, movie, reboot, rooney mara's boobies, scyllar