Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Evil Dead

Dang....watched one a week ago. It had the word "Toilet" on the cover *lol*...but yeah it was an Asian horror movie. Was preeetttyyy wierd..
Old 04-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Cranky

Bloody Reunion

Wow- amazing film. Quite bloody for a Korean film. Story involves a group of former students who visit their childhood teacher at her home by the sea. It's revealed each one has a reason to hate her... and there's the matter of the deformed child she bore and raised in the basement. On top of that nothing is really what it seems.

Extremely well done and recommended.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Bloody Reunion

Wow- amazing film. Quite bloody for a Korean film. Story involves a group of former students who visit their childhood teacher at her home by the sea. It's revealed each one has a reason to hate her... and there's the matter of the deformed child she bore and raised in the basement. On top of that nothing is really what it seems.

I shall definitely check that out. As for me, I just watched two Asian horror movies in the past two days.:

Creepy Hide and Seek

If you like movies like Ringu and The Grudge, you'll like this. Ya ya I know a lot of Asian horror movies are like the ones I just mentioned, but theres always something fresh...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0fpdTQyIhr...CHS+poster.jpg

Face

As mentioned before, one of those grudge movies but this ones pretty spooky. Check it out:

Last edited by neverending; 04-08-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: removal of illegal content.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Bad Natured

L: Change the World (2008). Before thinking about this movie, be sure to watch Death Notes 1 and 2 first, and make sure that you absolutely have to see more of the enigmatic character L, or you will surely be left confused and disappointed. That said, where this story did not have the creative and stylish punch of the Death Note series, it more than made up for it by sharing more of the idiosyncrasies and character of L. He is absolutely fascinating. That said, the story varies from amusing to comic book absurd, which was just fine with me. Hideo Nakata of "The Ring" helms the direction of this flick, but again this one is all about the nearly sociopathic and likable L. Merci beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Bloody Reunion

Watched this last night on your recommendation. I was really surprised and the plot twist and how it was executed differently than a twist would happen in any western suspense movies.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

fist of legend
Old 04-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Ju-On: White Ghost & Black Ghost (2009)

Nice addition to the Ju-On saga. Both the new director did a decent job with Takashi Shimizu's original concept and created 2 totally different fine creepy tale with its regular eerie & dark atmosphere. Glad to have them in one single disc & liked them both.

>>: B+

Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl (2009)

I really enjoyed Machine Girl and haven't seen TGP yet. But this one is too much packed with bloody lunacy & sometimes that made me bore. As it's based on a comic book so it's may be worth watching for a particular group of young audience who love to see mindless cheesy blood splatter flicks like this anytime.

>>: C
Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Bad Natured

Fudoh: The New Generation (1996). Fudoh, as with other Miike flicks, is simply a bizarre work of art. Miike takes what should be taboo and boldly shoves body fluids and the sexually ambiguous right into the face of is viewers, and he does so with a style that more than works. The story is a simple one of revenge, of misunderstandings of tradition, and the corruption of good old boys. The acting was solid enough, the direction of course was exceptional. All in all a classic Miike flick that catapulted him into the limelight. Ashe.
derek

Old 04-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Bad Natured

Bloody Reunion (2006). While this was a nice change form the typical ghost story, the story itself seemed kinda messy towards the end, with bungled twists and turns. Too bad because the initial build-up and story complexes seemed to portend a wicked ending. The visuals were quite stylish, and the scares were effective if not brutal. That said, i was left thinking "So what in the heck happened?" Worth a watch for sure, and there is certainly a chance that i simply could not keep up, but i still think that things did not add up. Late.
d

Old 04-16-2010, 09:28 AM
HDC Idol

Wow. It's been a WHILE since I've posted here... Definitely need to catch up on my Asian Horror viewing (been busy trudging through After Dark Horrorfest I'm afraid)...

Tried to watch Whispering Corridors, but honestly I found it a bit boring. Also, stylistically it's more like a Giallo than your traditional ghost/haunting Asian film, and I'm not a huge fan of Giallo - A lot of sound and close ups, but not a lot of suspense. I didn't make it through it. :o

2/5

Bakjwi (Thirst) - Another disappointment. I LOVE director Chan-wook Park and Actor Kang-ho Song, but, to tell you the truth, this movie was L O N G and B O R I N G. Good story, but boring narrative spotted with the usual Park brilliance, but unfortunately not enough to keep me entertained throughout. In terms of Park's take on the vampire genre - LOVED IT. I thought that it was unique and I really liked the character Priest Sang-hyeon's struggle as he deals with being a vampire. That said, Song's portrayal of the Priest was REALLY over-the-top and I found the character too pathetic to really sympathize with... Ok-bin Kim as his female counterpart was BRILLIANT, though (she appeared in the movie Arang as well, which was pretty good) and she brings some fantastic life to the film.

I think the problem is that Park tried to do TOO MUCH with the movie... There are a couple of different story lines that drag the movie out. I think if he had focused a little bit more, the movie would have been more bearable. DEFINITELY could have used some editing. Would have been BRILLIANT if it was at least 45 minutes shorter. I REALLY wanted to like this more than I did.

2.75/5 (GOD it pains me to give Park less than a 3 on something...)

Bumping Bloody Reunion up in my queue now... Thanks for the rec!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!