Old 10-08-2019, 08:44 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature View Post
I watched Lucio Fulci's 'The Beyond' (1981) this morning. It's been quite a long time since I've watched and found, despite its awkward dialogue and some bad acting, that I enjoyed it.

The score by Fabio Frizzi is great, and the atmosphere is one which the viewer can easily sink into and enjoy. There's some truly shocking scenes in this film as well. The "spider scene" is especially cringe-worthy!

And of course, I adore endings which implicate something timeless and/or cosmic, such as the climax of 'The Beyond' certainly does.

I don't know what DVD copy most folks own, but the one I have features some interesting interview with Catriona MacColl, David Warbeck, and even Fulci himself. Is it strange that I enjoy hearing stories about Fluci almost (though not quite) as much as the film itself?

And, despite the infamous inconsistencies of its plot (they don't bother me), the film does have substance. Especially interesting is the theme of eyes in this flick. Does evil makes us blind? I believe there's much evidence in the affirmative.
I do love the ending of The Beyond. Some very cool scenes. I can't say that I enjoy 'dreamscape' or illogical films. If I go in knowing the whole film is going to be like that, it helps, but I didn't know that when I saw this the first time, so it was my problem.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:20 PM
病気の

Ghost House

Old 10-16-2019, 07:01 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Ghost House

Going to check this out tonight
Old 10-16-2019, 10:21 PM
Little Boo

There is no match for exorcist

I think The Exorcist (1973) was the classic scariest horror movie of all time. The story the fright or supernatural horror you see in the film is just phenomenal no doubt for that
Old 10-19-2019, 02:42 AM
病気の

Maniac

Monster Dog

Thumb resize.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:49 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Doesn't that film have one scene where a black guy gets rammed and pinned to a wall by a car, and just before he collapses, to "get revenge" at the driver, the guy takes out his switchblade and stabs the grill of the car?

I saw part of that movie as a kid, and that car scene was impactful, but I still had to roll my eyes. Not sure what the point of that scene was... pure silliness? Also, I think it was featured by a parody horror host who was making fun of it.
Hey Sculpt,
The scene You mentioned is in DR BLACK AND MR HYDE, also directed by William Crain, who did BLACULA. DBAMH is no classic, but is entertaining with some choice lines like "Don't just stand there like a bunch of Dumb Asses.....GET 'IM!!!!!" and "Brother Man, this situation is rapidly becoming insalubrious... meaning We're about to stomp a Mud hole in your Ass!"
For true laughs, check out the trailer!

DR MINX (1975). Another awful Howard Avedis film, this one asks us to believe Edy Williams as a Doctor, William Smith is as intimidating as ever and one of THE most annoying SOB's I can ever recall in a film. Worth watching for Edy, who is gorgeous, but that's about it. *
Old 10-23-2019, 02:44 PM
No, fuck YOU

The Ninth Configuration 8/10

Good movie with strong performances. Surprised it hasn’t won more awards and nominations.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:45 AM
Evil Dead

GORILLAS IN THE MIST (1988). Sigourney Weaver is very good here as Dian Fossey, a Primatologist whose studying/protection of Mountain Gorillas practically became an obsession. Can appreciate the message and great work by Rick Baker as well. Also, an early performance by Iain Glen who recently appeared in DOWNTON ABBEY and GAME OF THRONES. Odd thing is, I noticed him before my wife, who has a talent for placing faces. ***1/2
Old 10-26-2019, 04:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
The Ninth Configuration 8/10

Good movie with strong performances. Surprised it hasn’t won more awards and nominations.
I had never even heard of it before. Looks intriguing.

Old 10-26-2019, 05:28 PM
病気の

The Amityville Horror