Old 11-12-2011, 04:48 AM
For Vendetta

The Women Of Horror Tournament

Let's admit it - a fitting tribute to the ladies who have sparked in our favorite genre for years was always on the cards. Actresses who have shined through in horror films from vintage times to modern - often categorized as "Scream Queens", but very capable and competent in the acting department in their own respective rights.

Going by some recent threads posted on the same topic, I was reminded (by one of our esteemed members through a PM nudge) of the research I did into this a year or so back. Funnily, the list I prepared back then (in a worksheet) is almost ready and just needs a bit of proof-reading and re-checking. Back then I was contemplating about whether to make this a Top 100 project or a tournament but decided on the latter, because I didn't think we have 100 good female actors in our genre just yet.

So, till I do the final bit of dusting and cleansing, let the anticipations begin.

Dedicating this particular tournament to 3 members - Hammerfan, Neverending & Newb.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:40 AM
HDC Idol

LOVE IT

Can't wait for this. :)

Thought of you, by the way - FX is running Transformers commercials which, of course, include a close-up of Ms. Fox... Groooooooowlllllllllll I could just pause that screen and stare at her face for hours...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
LOVE IT

Can't wait for this. :)

Thought of you, by the way - FX is running Transformers commercials which, of course, include a close-up of Ms. Fox... Groooooooowlllllllllll I could just pause that screen and stare at her face for hours...
I still don't get why people find her that hot. She's attractive and all but i don't know, just never saw what made people so crazy.

Excited for the tournament by the way. :)
Old 11-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The funny thing is after seeing the list of Elvira's 13 Sexiest Horror Babes & V's mention of another list, I also felt an urge to compile a list but that list will be solely dedicated to the real means of sexiest horror movie actresses or Horror Hotties, where their sex appeal will play a major part along with their contribution in horror films, number of films they appeared etc. in the ranking. So in this case, few popular actresses I'm afraid that I may need to exclude from my list, as mine would be only about horror hotties not women in Horror type. I've already compile a rough list of 136 Horror hotties. Now I need some free time (other than watching films & browsing net) to take a 'good look on them' (Oy, yeah!:D) & ranked them in my final list of 100 Horror Hotties.

Anyway, along with the voting I will always try to keep my eye on this tourney as hopefully going to find some more suitable names that I missed somehow already.

A very much needed tourney for me. So best of luck and can't wait for the 1st match.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Love them!

How can that not make you m-e-l-t?! :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The funny thing is after seeing the list of Elvira's 13 Sexiest Horror Babes & V's mention of another list, I also felt an urge to compile a list but that list will be solely dedicated to the real means of sexiest horror movie actresses or Horror Hotties, where their sex appeal will play a major part along with their contribution in horror films, number of films they appeared etc. in the ranking. So in this case, few popular actresses I'm afraid that I may need to exclude from my list, as mine would be only about horror hotties not women in Horror type. I've already compile a rough list of 136 Horror hotties. Now I need some free time (other than watching films & browsing net) to take a 'good look on them' (Oy, yeah!:D) & ranked them in my final list of 100 Horror Hotties.

Anyway, along with the voting I will always try to keep my eye on this tourney as hopefully going to find some more suitable names that I missed somehow already.

A very much needed tourney for me. So best of luck and can't wait for the 1st match.
Well, there are certainly a lot of horror hotties in this, so you will get your eyeful, Rosh! ;) But yes, all of them have their own shots at horror fame which makes them unique, and it will depend on you to choose if you think that their shot at horror fame makes them unique enough.

Okay, let's get the ball rolling...
Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 PM
For Vendetta

ROUND 1 Match 1

Betsy Palmer

Shot To Fame - Friday the 13th (1980)

vs.

Jennifer Love Hewitt

Shot To Fame - I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)

vs.

Olivia Hussey

Shot To Fame - Black Christmas (1974)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Whip In My Valise

Olivia Hussey
Old 11-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

great tourney V

Thanks for the dedication

and a vote for Mrs. Voorhees
Old 11-12-2011, 01:59 PM