Old 07-27-2015, 03:02 AM
Horror > Everything

Bitter Feast

A food critic eviscerates a celeb chef in a review, resulting in the chef losing endorsements, his TV gig AND his job in a restaurant . Naturally, this upsets the cook and he decides revenge must be exacted.

Sometimes funny but never scary, this didn't feel like a horror movie to me. It's an interesting premise and the film has some (not so new) things to say about critics and the difference between those who create and those who criticize the creators, so overall it's a reasonably compelling watch. There are some nice humorous touches, and Joshua Leonard and James Legros in the two main roles do a stellar job with the dialogue and timing. Bitter Feast is a nicely written story, but the plot is nothing that will surprise you. The strength of this movie is in the performances from our two leads, and the unsubtle message delivered throughout; Those who can, do, and those who can't should shut the hell up about it.

I would give this a..
6/10, good but not great. Certainly worth a watch.

Anyone else seen this? It's been out a couple of years so I'm guessing at least one of you have given it a look. What did you think?

Last edited by Repo'd; 07-27-2015 at 04:53 AM.