Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-16-2015, 02:23 PM
No, fuck YOU

I highly doubt that.

Troll 2 IS concidered by many as one of the worst horror movies ever.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I highly doubt that.

Troll 2 IS concidered by many as one of the worst horror movies ever.
Yet so many people like it because of how awful it is. This is the only site where I've seen anyone like Human Centipede.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Horror > Everything

I enjoyed the horribleness of Troll 2 but I don't have it on my rewatch list. I also like Human Centipede quite a bit.

I personally love any film discussion that would mention Troll 2 and HC in the same sentence, so I'm really enjoying reading over this thread.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:38 AM
Evil Dead

lol! i agree v much repo'd I don't know why hc has so many haters. It is a scary, disturbing concept, albeit a daft one. I agree the acting and story aren't the worlds greatest, but overall it isn't that much more flawed compared to many more more popular movies. Like i said all horrors are ridiculous as a concept, and even the most popular ones have giant plot holes and stupid logic at their heart. Also even the problems that most people have with it aren't really that 'standout' bad, again compared to other similar horrors

Last edited by neilold; 06-17-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:07 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Thing about HC, is it's disturbing. Very disturbing. In a horrific abomination to man sense, and that's why I'm not shocked this site gives it such a thumbs up. Most people who can't stomach this abomination created in the movie or don't like the movie for whatever else reason is understandable as well. ...I'm also one of those people who can't stomach it, but I have no disrespect towards people who do like it. Personally though I was really hoping the creature would look like it did on the cover than the butt to face result we were given. ...That might have also been a negative factor towards the movie that the audience majority didn't care for as well.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:20 AM
Evil Dead

interesting reply roif. It is disturbing and i guess that's partly the appeal. however, i don't think it's anymore disturbing than say men behind the sun, or i spit on your grave. Both have things disturbing in them if you consider the viewing of something as serious as rape disturbing, or torture based on real life suffering. Things that are much more likely to actually occur and happen in real life more than hc. That's really partly my point, the two things abovce don't get half as much hate as hc, in fact 'i spit' in particular is much beloved by many

Last edited by neilold; 06-19-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:08 AM
Evil Dead

Comments about Human Centipede with spoilers.

What I never see people talk about in regards to Human Centipede was the acting. For the actors they're in a ridiculous situation. They're connected to the person in front of them via prosthetics. They can't talk. They have to look to be in incredible distress and madness constantly over and over for different camera angles. They have to move about in unison, up stairs while not trying to break the prosthetics. All the while they do a great job of all of it. The mad scientist wasn't nearly as good as these actors comprising the centipede.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 AM
Evil Dead

The only thing I liked about the first HC was Dieter Laser. I thought he was actually pretty funny and not so over-the-top that he was annoying. Other than him, I was mostly disappointed because there really wasn't anything as "shocking" as promised. The second one was atrocious in every aspect. It wasn't even disturbing; it was basically a trashy slasher movie. I never bothered with the third one.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
i love 'the breed', the dog one not the vampire one. I think most are just indifferent to it though rather than loving or hating it.
I actually really liked 'The Breed' with the dogs. Many people don't talk about it for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I'm surprised no one said Troll 2. That's the quintessential good bad flick!

Bad, not good.

I also really enjoyed The Purge, Annabelle, and Devil. Despite the fact that they're all very generic or lazy, I thought they were all really entertaining. I have all three on Blu Ray too.
Excellent choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
This might be the only place on the internet where people like human centipede but don't like troll 2.
I'm one of those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Comments about Human Centipede with spoilers.

What I never see people talk about in regards to Human Centipede was the acting. For the actors they're in a ridiculous situation. They're connected to the person in front of them via prosthetics. They can't talk. They have to look to be in incredible distress and madness constantly over and over for different camera angles. They have to move about in unison, up stairs while not trying to break the prosthetics. All the while they do a great job of all of it. The mad scientist wasn't nearly as good as these actors comprising the centipede.
Very interesting take on the movie and you're right. I can't imagine what it was like to be put into those uncomfortable positions. I think I got into the movie because it was something completely new and different. I didn't find it shocking in comparison to Salo or Men Behind the Sun, those were in a whole different category imo.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:03 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
interesting reply roif. It is disturbing and i guess that's partly the appeal. however, i don't think it's anymore disturbing than say men behind the sun, or i spit on your grave. Both have things disturbing in them if you consider the viewing of something as serious as rape disturbing, or torture based on real life suffering. Things that are much more likely to actually occur and happen in real life more than hc. That's really partly my point, the two things abovce don't get half as much hate as hc, in fact 'i spit' in particular is much beloved by many
Thanks. I've considered watching 'I Spit', but I believe there's rape in it which makes me hesitant... And true stories in general make me second think a watch too. Paranormal type true stories don't bother me, anything else however for some reason just unnerves me a touch.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!