Old 08-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PETRIFIED, LOVO!!!
Too bad, I wanted a free coffin lmao!
Old 08-28-2018, 08:09 AM
Evil Dead

The Skull

mention of skulls reminds me of the movie The Skull, starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. It's pretty good. I seem to remember that famous monsters of filmland was interviewing the director and he told them that the last half hour of the movie was basically created in the editing room, that every shot in the last half hour was originally meant to be somewhere else in the movie.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:19 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! {1965} 7/10

GREAT MOVIE!

BLACK SABBATH (1963). Great Bava anthology with the ending of "A Drop of Water" scaring the bejesus out of me at ten. "The Telephone" was OK, but as I've gotten older, can see the beginnings of Giallo and "The Wurdulak" is fantastic! One of my favorite Karloff performances the whole concept is quite scary, also with the little boy pre-dating Danny Glick by about 15 years. ****
Old 09-09-2018, 01:44 AM
Evil Dead

EMBRYO (1976). Rock Hudson tries to go DR Frankenstein and things come FUBAR pretty quickly. Not bad with a good performance by Barbara Carrera, although my copy was pretty dark.., **1/2
Old 09-15-2018, 02:42 AM
病気の

Night of the Living Dead, 1968. 10/10

Old 09-15-2018, 07:27 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
GREAT MOVIE!

BLACK SABBATH (1963). Great Bava anthology with the ending of "A Drop of Water" scaring the bejesus out of me at ten. "The Telephone" was OK, but as I've gotten older, can see the beginnings of Giallo and "The Wurdulak" is fantastic! One of my favorite Karloff performances the whole concept is quite scary, also with the little boy pre-dating Danny Glick by about 15 years. ****
Yes, "A Drop of Water" is epic! Very scary and looks great. The Telephone is ok... I liked the concept, and it looks good, nice shots, but really underachieves story-wise. Wurdulak was actually very forgettable to me.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 AM
Evil Dead

BEND OF THE RIVER (1952). Pretty good Anthony Mann directed Western with Jimmy Stewart, Arthur Kennedy, Julie Adams, Lori Nelson (Both ladies would be stalked by the Gillman in CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and REVENGE OF THE CREATURE a few years down the road) and Frances Xavier-Aunt B on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW! ***1/2
Old 09-20-2018, 03:50 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
BEND OF THE RIVER (1952). Pretty good Anthony Mann directed Western with Jimmy Stewart, Arthur Kennedy, Julie Adams, Lori Nelson (Both ladies would be stalked by the Gillman in CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and REVENGE OF THE CREATURE a few years down the road) and Frances Xavier-Aunt B on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW! ***1/2
looks good! What's that a horror film? Jimmy gets axed around the river bend?

Old 09-20-2018, 10:24 PM
ventricle

My Darling Clementine (1946)
8/10

John Fords Gunfight at the OK Corral film. Henry Fonda is Wyatt Earp, joined by Victor Mature as the deeply troubled and deadly Doc Holliday. It's quite intriguing and entertaining, especially the first third of the film. It's a lot of fun to see Henry Fonda is his acting zone.

I felt the second half of the film was a bit loose, and started to drift, where we actually lose focus on the main characters, we see more of them but we don't get answers about them -- such as we never really know why Doc Holiday went off-the-rails... and then we start to wonder when we're getting back to the story of the Clanton family facing justice for their crimes. I also thought the ending was a little anticlimactic, where the shootout isn't very exciting nor interesting.

But there are plenty of nice unexpected moments such as Alan Mowbray as the traveling thespian reciting the best (or only) reciting of "To Be or Not To Be" (outside of seeing Hamlet).

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-23-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Night of the Living Dead, 1968. 10/10

The best movie George A. Romero ever made.

I often wonder how he went from this to that Mad Max with zombies known as Land of the Dead...