Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 09-01-2018, 04:07 PM
That fucking Guy...

I kind of agree.
The PS4 is *capable* of those things, but doesn't seem to do them yet.

Backwards compatability I understand - with each generation advancing as much as it does, it's about hardware rather than emulation/software at this stage anyway.
You'd end up with a much larger macine required and likely have poor ventillation leading to system killing overheating.
I dunno, maybe xbox does it differently and encounters less issues.

I actually worked customer support and forums with Playstation when the 3 came out - and yeah that's largely the reason they gave us for why they canned backwards compatability with ps2 stuff...basically many of the original model ps3s were fucking up due to overheating etc, so they reduced factors in play, one of which was BC.

As for the other things like video/music files etc, yeah I see what you mean. In my mind, while it's been a long time coming, I think they'll probably include these kind of features in future updates - the ps3 didn't have as many features in the beginning either.

What I'd like to see is more quality games. In my mind the ps4 hasn't had anything all that outstanding...I mean Uncharted 4 & 4.5 were pretty good, they've done some interesting horror stuff, but nothing really makes it stand head and shoulders above others in my opinion.
The ps3 had much better games out by this stage in its life.
This is the kind of stuff I worry about.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I kind of agree.
The PS4 is *capable* of those things, but doesn't seem to do them yet.

Backwards compatability I understand - with each generation advancing as much as it does, it's about hardware rather than emulation/software at this stage anyway.
You'd end up with a much larger macine required and likely have poor ventillation leading to system killing overheating.
I dunno, maybe xbox does it differently and encounters less issues.

I actually worked customer support and forums with Playstation when the 3 came out - and yeah that's largely the reason they gave us for why they canned backwards compatability with ps2 stuff...basically many of the original model ps3s were fucking up due to overheating etc, so they reduced factors in play, one of which was BC.

As for the other things like video/music files etc, yeah I see what you mean. In my mind, while it's been a long time coming, I think they'll probably include these kind of features in future updates - the ps3 didn't have as many features in the beginning either.

What I'd like to see is more quality games. In my mind the ps4 hasn't had anything all that outstanding...I mean Uncharted 4 & 4.5 were pretty good, they've done some interesting horror stuff, but nothing really makes it stand head and shoulders above others in my opinion.
The ps3 had much better games out by this stage in its life.
This is the kind of stuff I worry about.
I think I'm starting to understand the thing about older games. I don't think they work right or look right on the PS4. Take Siren for example which I downloaded from the Playstation Store. It has glitches that never appeared in the original PS2 game. On the PS3 a lot of the PSone and PS2 classics had similar problems and they didn't play as well as they did on their original systems on those original square-shaped TVs they were designed for.

I guess all this new technology for new games and new HD TVs is making it impossible to enjoy the classics.

And yeah I'd like to see more quality games too, or rather more "variety" of games. It feels to me like every single new game that comes out is either a copycat of other games or another sequel to a tired-out franchise. It doesn't feel like we get original games anymore because they are all pretty much the same.

I wish we would get more creative games like Tokyo Jungle instead of more Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, and Resident Evil 4 wannabes and sequels.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 09-01-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:23 AM
Immortal horror fan

I try to stick to playing games on the system they were created on. I'm usually not fond of older games on modern displays. That's why I wish Sony would make an old tube TV or at least a display for the older resolution systems. But they aren't the TV company they used to be.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:50 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

You know what I really wish? I wish somebody could make one game system that allows you to download and play every single video game ever made. I really hate having to buy separate game systems or old systems just to play all of my favorite games.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:46 AM
That fucking Guy...

If Sega did it, I'd buy it in a second - though I'd buy just about anything they'd drum out, ever again.

I mean some consoles try for something like this, virtual arcade and whatever nintendo did...but it's never quite fully realised or supported, nor are entire libraries available. It's annoying.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:22 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I know I would kill to be able to play all my favorite classic survival horror games on one system. Games like Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, remake, 0, outbreak, Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4, Fatal Frame 1, 2, 3, Siren 1, 2(which was never released in the U.S.), blood curse, Haunting Ground, etc.

I really miss the days when they made more games like this. Honestly I feel like most of the new survival horror games that get released today don't feel the same as those.

I do like the pixel horror games for the PS4 like Lone Survivor, Home, and Uncanny Valley though.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

You know, I think I might try to get another PS3 system. It might be worth it to have both a PS3 and a PS4 so I can play all the games I like for both systems.

The PS3 has a lot of really nice PSone and PS2 classics I like to download and play and I could get Yakuza 4 (in case it never gets re-release here in the US for the PS4) and Yakuza Dead Souls (an underrated game that will not ever get re-released). I might can even import some games to have on disc like Way of the Samurai 4 and Siren Blood Curse.