Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Is Condemned: Criminal Origins the first or the second?
Criminal Origins is the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i picked up Bioshock a while ago ... a friend at work has been raving about it - and from what he said i need a bit of time to invest in it.

here's the thing - Halo was perfect for me ..
it had frequent saving points - the story was linear - just run and shoot ... no thinking required ... I really liked the music and the visuals - and the vehicles ..

but most importantly ... the saving .. if i died i only lost a couple of minutes and i was back again.

these other games seem like too much time and effort is required - thats really not what i'm looking for .. i just want to run around - find cool stuff - not have to figure crap out - because i really dont want to invest any effort at all into any game.

i probably will check out Bioshock at some point ... maybe this winter .. hopefully i can stay interested for more than 5 minutes because none of these other games have grabbed me :

Assasins Creed
Fear
Quake IV
Prey
Gears of War
Clive Barker's Jericho
Dead Rising

a few others i cant remember ...

I get bored after 10 - 15 minutes.
I'll take some of those off your hands. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I forget - Have you picked up Bioshock yet? I definitely recommend it. Kept me absolutely riveted.

And, honestly, Condemned 2: Bloodshot was pretty damn good, too.
Better than The Darkness?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
I'll take some of those off your hands. :D
If you're looking to sell games this may be a good place to do it... ;)
Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post

I'd buy some.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
This isn't a bad place for it.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:27 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
Better than The Darkness?
Yes, actually. I thought that the UI was significantly smoother and I thought that it was a little more complex than The Darkness. I thought that The Darkness controls were a little sketchy (especially when using the "creeping dark" - this element should have been better executed) at times while Condemned was pretty smooth (with the exception of the CSI element; I thought that that could have been done a little better). I was more interested in the Ethan character in Condemned than Jackie Estacado in The Darkness. I thought that Ethan was a bit more complex than Jackie and that there was more to the plot of Condemned than with The Darkness. I also really liked the investigative element to Condemned, which added another level to the game. It made the game seem less linear and streamlined than The Darkness. Also, I thought that the side quests for The Darkness were silly.

Don't get me wrong - Your recommendation of The Darkness was a great one. It was definitely enjoyable, clever, and different. I could just run and eat people's hearts out over and over again... I just thought that Condemned had a lot more going on (plus, the Big Bads were a little more varied and creepy; if The Darkness had more scenes in WWII, I think I would have enjoyed it more... I also really enjoyed the investigative element to Condemned). HOWEVER, from what I've heard, there are some plans for a second Darkness game. I will most definitely pick it up (I hope that it will clean up the sketchy UI in the first one).

As for Condemned, I'm honestly psyched to get and play the first one. And, well, it seems obvious that the second one is opening to a third one, which I'll pick up right away whenever they release it.

How about you? Which one do you like better?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I thought the darkness was better than condemned 2, but that doesnt mean Condemned 2 wasnt freakin awesome. its like playing out a movie, the graphics are flawless, and the characters move so smoothly, the level with the rabid bear practically made me shit my pants, and the level on the boat when you get chased by the giant robot thing was awesome

however it was too short.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Evil Dead

I really can't say at the moment. I only have the first Condemned, and I'm not quite finished with it. I played a short demo of the second one, and I thought that the graphics were incredible.

I think the fact that the first one moves rather slow, and that you can't always have your guard up, is one of the downfalls for me playing it. I'm one of those people that when I play, I am constantly spinning in a circle with whatever weapon I can use, always drawn. I don't know if the second one cleans that up any or not. But being on the cell phone with maniacs running around you, that just doesn't fly with me.

Condemned is a great game, don't get me wrong. I think I'm just geared more towards the action, mafia and faster walking in The Darkness. And the WWI segment just blew me away. It was atmospheric, creepy and very disturbing. I still think about that horse. And the more open-ended gameplay of it, really set it apart for me. I like my freedom in games. I don't like to have to be confined to do one thing. One reason I like the Elder Scrolls series. Yes, some of the side missions were a bit dumb, but it gives you something to do for added gameplay.

I really can't see myself playing through the first Condemned, more than once. The Darkness, I'd play again and again. Maybe Condemned is just too slow for me or something. I mean, the atmosphere is awesome. But when you move like a dog with a bad leg, it gets annoying.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
both games are equally great and have things in thme that set them apart from the other but the on thing they have in common that makes me not want to play them is the multiplayer.Both games online play is pure garbage and because of that simple little fact both games lose alot of points for it.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
both games are equally great and have things in thme that set them apart from the other but the on thing they have in common that makes me not want to play them is the multiplayer.Both games online play is pure garbage and because of that simple little fact both games lose alot of points for it.
Ahh. I don't really bother with the multi-player, but that's a good point if multi-player is what you're after.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Fear scented candle

Playing some more old school Mechwarrior 3. Tearing up other mechs with my souped up Supernova (I call it the blue Giant.. get it, stars... nevermind... Im too geeky for geeks...)

I have learned to aim for the legs and not let up until one of them blows off. center mass is for losers in this game.