Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
Well, p1zl3... like you and many others, I rarely encounter any horror films that are even remotely disturbing. However, these are the few exceptions:

Jacob's Ladder (1990)
The Wicker Man (1973), Original
Prince of Darkness (1987)
The Cell (2000)
The Thing (1982)
Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1978), Best Version
--Jacob's Ladder was pretty good, but the final premise left me cold. I would have preferred purgatory over drug induced hysteria... The opening subway scene was brilliant though.
--The Wicker Man I saw when I was a kid and haven't watched it lately. Maybe it's due for a more recent screening.
--Prince of Darkness I'm ashamed to say that this film slipped by me. I'll check it out ASAP!
--The Cell is one of my guilty pleasures. Most think J-Lo ruined this film, but I actually dug her character and Vincent D'Onofrio as Stargher was brilliant. "Where do you come from?!?"
--The Thing still holds up. Absolute horror perfection!
--Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a good film, but it's been a while since I've sat through the whole thing. Something always interrupts the film and I just can bring myself to start it again... I should just buckle-down and watch it. :rolleyes:

...MORE MOVIES for ME! (...are there any left?)
Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Say No To Mental Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
Funny that so many people put The Descent.

That has to be the only movie I have ever seen that would have been terrifying even if there were no monsters.
Because of all the vaginas and the symbolism of the cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1zl3 View Post
--Prince of Darkness I'm ashamed to say that this film slipped by me. I'll check it out ASAP!
I thought Prince of Darkness was pretty lame. The final scene was pretty neat. I think Simon & Simon's mustache was a distraction. John Carpenter is the king of hit and miss.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
Funny that so many people put The Descent.
That has to be the only movie I have ever seen that would have been terrifying even if there were no monsters.
Quote:
I'm sure he means claustrophobia and darkness, but if you happen to suffer from Eurotophobia, I guess the vaginas could be considered a menacing element.
I didn't find The Descent all that scary...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean, Shaven View Post

LMAO
Must be:cool:
Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
I thought Prince of Darkness was pretty lame. The final scene was pretty neat. I think Simon & Simon's mustache was a distraction.
I'ma have to side with you on this one. For a horror film, it was pretty lame. The possessed coworker getting consumed by bugs in the street was pretty humorous though. I laughed for an easy 10min off that scene. The squirt contamination/infection aspect had me giggling as well... Plus Alice Cooper as king of the killer homeless people was really amusing and what better murder weapon for a homeless killer than a one wheeled bicycle!!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Undead

maybe psyco ? : ]
Old 02-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Scares Little Kids

Have you ever watched [REC] ?