#2501  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Slutty's Avatar
Slutty Slutty is offline
Hellraiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I can say with almost 95% guarantee that i'll be playing "Silent Hill: Downpour" tomorrow.

At what time all depends on the hangovers.


But i got all things lined up for the event. Pizza, snacks and beer. So... see ya in half a week!! :D
I'm sorry. I can assure you I will not be risky with my money when it comes to that. lol.

I am actually biting my tongue trying to play through 4. I just went through 1 - 3 and before try and suffer through Origins, I am attempting to try an enjoyable playthrough of 4. So far, not as enjoyable as I want it to be. Although, it is my own fault, I knew what I was getting into. lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2502  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
I'm sorry. I can assure you I will not be risky with my money when it comes to that. lol.

I am actually biting my tongue trying to play through 4. I just went through 1 - 3 and before try and suffer through Origins, I am attempting to try an enjoyable playthrough of 4. So far, not as enjoyable as I want it to be. Although, it is my own fault, I knew what I was getting into. lol
What was 4 called?
__________________


I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2503  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
newb's Avatar
newb newb is offline
You're Not Worthy

 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: R.I.
Posts: 19,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I can say with almost 95% guarantee that i'll be playing "Silent Hill: Downpour" tomorrow.

At what time all depends on the hangovers.


But i got all things lined up for the event. Pizza, snacks and beer. So... see ya in half a week!! :D
someone say beer ?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2504  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Slutty's Avatar
Slutty Slutty is offline
Hellraiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
What was 4 called?
Silent Hill 4: The Room. It was the last installment from the original developers (Team Silent) and at the time was the worse one. It was way more combat and action based which made it feel like a different game at times. It has first person elements when in your apartment. It is enjoyable at times, but very annoying most of the time (in my opinion). It's worth sitting through, because a lot consider it to have one of the best stories (which I also do not fully agree with). After 4 they started being developed by Konami America and from there just went down hill. Although, I would say that even Origins feels more like a Silent Hill game than 4.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2505  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
Silent Hill 4: The Room. It was the last installment from the original developers (Team Silent) and at the time was the worse one. It was way more combat and action based which made it feel like a different game at times. It has first person elements when in your apartment. It is enjoyable at times, but very annoying most of the time (in my opinion). It's worth sitting through, because a lot consider it to have one of the best stories (which I also do not fully agree with). After 4 they started being developed by Konami America and from there just went down hill. Although, I would say that even Origins feels more like a Silent Hill game than 4.

Yea, i didn't like that one. Never got through it.

The next one tho (Homecoming) is without a doubt my favorite. So far.

The movements especially in combat has really been updated. Something i've been waiting for in a loooong time.
__________________


I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2506  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
someone say beer ?
HELL YEA!! :D

I've found a really good easter beer. It's a little stronger than a normal beer but is nicely sweet.

Funny thing is i've absolutely no idea who's made it. It just says easter beer on the label. That's it. Really odd...
__________________


I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2507  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Slutty's Avatar
Slutty Slutty is offline
Hellraiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Yea, i didn't like that one. Never got through it.

The next one tho (Homecoming) is without a doubt my favorite. So far.

The movements especially in combat has really been updated. Something i've been waiting for in a loooong time.
See, that's one of the biggest things I hated about Homecoming. It turned in into a 3rd person shooter (esk) gameplay. Of course the American team has to completely westernize the game and that is one of the biggest things that made the others terrifying. Granted, that original control set up I don't feel was perfected until 3, it actually made some sense. Silent Hill is not Gears of War. Just like Gears of War would be crap with Silent Hill controls. The original Silent Hill games, as you probably know, dealt with protagonists that were everyday joes. So awkward movement and combat makes sense. These characters were not Navi Seals, so the fact that they cannot properly use a knife, not only makes sense, but makes the survival horror aspect that much more horrifying. Homecoming upset me not only for that reason, but because the character was just as much of a badass as the enemies you are fighting and when that happens there is no longer a threatening, uncomfortable feeling. It says something when the only weapon I used most of the game was the starter knife, because it turns him into Ryu Hayabusa lol.

Sorry for the rant. I am very passionate about Silent Hill. I hope you don't say anything about the creatures. <.<...... >.>......

Also, I would love to talk about beer with you guys as well. Is there a beer thread? lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2508  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post

Also, I would love to talk about beer with you guys as well. Is there a beer thread? lol


Sure is.

There's a "drinking thread" in the general forum. ;)

Coz we all drink down here.
__________________


I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2509  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Slutty's Avatar
Slutty Slutty is offline
Hellraiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Sure is.

There's a "drinking thread" in the general forum. ;)

Coz we all drink down here.
Far out. Damn, now I want some beer...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2510  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
See, that's one of the biggest things I hated about Homecoming. It turned in into a 3rd person shooter (esk) gameplay. Of course the American team has to completely westernize the game and that is one of the biggest things that made the others terrifying. Granted, that original control set up I don't feel was perfected until 3, it actually made some sense. Silent Hill is not Gears of War. Just like Gears of War would be crap with Silent Hill controls. The original Silent Hill games, as you probably know, dealt with protagonists that were everyday joes. So awkward movement and combat makes sense. These characters were not Navi Seals, so the fact that they cannot properly use a knife, not only makes sense, but makes the survival horror aspect that much more horrifying. Homecoming upset me not only for that reason, but because the character was just as much of a badass as the enemies you are fighting and when that happens there is no longer a threatening, uncomfortable feeling. It says something when the only weapon I used most of the game was the starter knife, because it turns him into Ryu Hayabusa lol.

Sorry for the rant. I am very passionate about Silent Hill. I hope you don't say anything about the creatures. <.<...... >.>......
I guess i'm the only one who really dug homecoming?? :(

I don't really have anything negative to say about it, except that the blackouts might've been a cheap way to switch between sceneries. But i appreciated all the different settings so i didn't mind that much.
__________________


I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:04 AM.