Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 03-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Send a message via AIM to thepsychicfetus
hmmm, ive decided that knife_fight, for obvious reasons, is a raging homosexual. i love the fact that you tried to sound "high class" by saying that movies are an art and that watching them are more important than owning them, because i agree on that note, but when you get all snippy about it, it pisses me off. AND, there was no contest involved to begin with, i dont know where you got that from. i was just curious as to how many people had. If it were a contest i would have included some terrible prize lineup. So if you dont mind, stop being gay about things.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Freddy Krueger. Send a message via Yahoo to Freddy Krueger.
I have quite a few, but not very orginized.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

yup
Old 03-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Quote:
Originally posted by thepsychicfetus
hmmm, ive decided that knife_fight, for obvious reasons, is a raging homosexual. i love the fact that you tried to sound "high class" by saying that movies are an art and that watching them are more important than owning them, because i agree on that note, but when you get all snippy about it, it pisses me off. AND, there was no contest involved to begin with, i dont know where you got that from. i was just curious as to how many people had. If it were a contest i would have included some terrible prize lineup. So if you dont mind, stop being gay about things.
Awww pookie, do you want an Oreo? Will that make your little woogums feelings all better?

First, although not a homosexual, it definitely shows your level of intellect when you try and use that as a put down. I'm not a very p.c. person, but saying things like, "stop being gay about things" is pretty damn idiotic. Not only that, but your vague use of the word "things" is really humorous. I am assuming that these "things" are the same as the "obvious reasons" that are apparently so obvious that you didn't feel the need to mention what exactly it was that I was being "gay" about.

I also, apparently, tried to sound "high class." What the hell does that even mean? Anything? It's also funny that, on one hand, you sound pissed that I referred to movies as an art and then, in the same sentence, say you agree with me.

I think the prize you "included" with your imagined contest you are having with everyone else is some sort of "pride" thing. Like the kid in the neighborhood who had the most GI Joes or Nintendo games, it appears as though you would like to sit back, content in knowing that you are top of the heap.

Aaaaaand another thing: you say I was "snippy." Anyone familiar with sarcasm would have recognized the self-deprecating nature of the entire post. The use of the word "bourgeois" and the light hint at introductory Communist theory were both meant to set each other off as meaningless. As I said myself in future posts, I have a distaste for people who say things exactly like what I said (which is why I used the sarcasm).

Anyway, now that I have deconstructed your post, I'll say this: if you resent people who want to come here and discuss movies/film/art intelligently because you think they are trying to be "high class," then maybe you should stick to the "pee pee" and "poo poo" threads started and maintained by juveniles and other people who prefer not to think. I can enjoy a thoughtless movie just as much as anyone else, and I too feel like things in the world of movie/film/art are WAY overanalyzed, but there is a flip side of the coin. Anything, no matter how outwardly stupid it may seem, can be discussed as flippantly or as serious as anything else.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Hellraiser

Well even though I've been into horror ever sinse I can remember, then it is only in the last year or so I've collected movies. I only have DVDs and out of the lot I have 180 horror movies. I am hoping to get a kick ass collection before the next gen will kick DVDs of the marked, so I guess I have some time left, hehe
Old 03-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Quote:
First, although not a homosexual, it definitely shows your level of intellect when you try and use that as a put down. I'm not a very p.c. person, but saying things like, "stop being gay about things" is pretty damn idiotic. Blah, blah, blah, i talk way too much.
ugggh, sigh.

wow, way to analyze things. Here let me analyze you. you seem like the type of person that likes to hear themselves talk. you always have to try and make someone else sound stupid even though you exaggerate way too much. oh and i did sense some man lovin' in there too.

By the way, I own about 100 nintendo games. Beat that sucka.