Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-11-2016, 07:40 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post

The Giant Gila Monster - 50s movie. So bad, it's good.
The same way how I feel about that film.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:58 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Shemp View Post
Sooo... this thread is a place to ask about movies we've wanted to see for a long time but aren't sure whether to bother with. If you've seen it, tell us what you thought.

So these are the ones I want to know about:

Darkman---I've been on a total Raimi kick lately...this looks interesting but I don't know...

The Godmonster of Indian Flats -- I love bizarr-o b-movies, but I can't find anything out about this one.

Intruder aka The Night Crew-- Evil Dead associates involved in this and supposed to have fantastic gore FX...but is that a guarantee that it's anywhere near as good?

Phenomena -- The trailer for this looks so promising but Argento can be really incoherent...
Darkman: horrid. It looked good, and I wanted to love it, but I thought it was horrible. I was bored and wanted to bail, but didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Darkman - yes, I've seen it. I kind of remember liking it, but, it was so long ago, I really don't remember

The Godmonster of Indian Flats - never heard of it

Intruder aka The Night Crew - never heard of it

Phenomena - haven't seen it

My turn:

Mark of the Devil - 70s witch hunt movie with Udo Kier. When it was released, it was known for handing out barf bags

The Giant Gila Monster - 50s movie. So bad, it's good.

Repulsion - 1965 film starring Catherine Deneuve. I have neverending to thank for seeing this film. He kept talking about how good it is, and it IS!
The Giant Gila Monster: You'll like it. I watched this with my mom when I was a teen. It's just fun, totally B. It's nostalgic.

Repulsion 1965: Same here, it's a hole in my horror viewing. I'm not a fan of "weird things start to happen" and "doesn't make sense" cinema. I'd really have to be in the right mood/mind to see this. Some day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Shemp View Post
Giant Gila Monster rules. I cannot for the life of me figure out that song, though, nor the teener's reaction to it, like it's real swingin'... Check out the MST3K version for added fun and knee-up blocking. "And the Lord said, laugh, children, laugh..."

Repulsion is another I've been wanting to see!
That song is great! It was my launch song for one of my radio shows recently. I had to include the little girl, "And I did it all FOR YOU!" It's SO HORRIBLY HILARIOUS! And then the song does not disappoint! I added some nifty delay effect to it ~~~ so delightfully psychedelically trippy! It's a good song too, and the delivery is so earnest, it's priceless.

What's it about? I think it's just an "everything is alright cause God exists" song. But he starts it off with "there were two little mushrooms" so it's ripe with psychedelics in my opinion.

I'll ask about: Eyes Without a Face. Has a great reputation. I'm not fond of reading subtitles. Is it any good? How should I prepare to see it?