Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2013, 07:35 PM
For Vendetta

Solidly creepy first half with some superb spooky scenes and scary atmosphere. But once the CGI takes over, the film peters out a bit. And the climax is the lowest point of the film. If only they had gone the implied route, it would have added a lot of horror with the audiences' imaginations working overtime.

Still, fairly enjoyable.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Evil Dead

Human Centipede II: Full Sequence - This is a disgusting and far over-the-top film about a mentally disturbed man obsessed with the first HC film and is set on one upping Tom Six by creating a 12 person centipede. I don't know that I've ever seen a more vacant and shallow film ever. It's nothing but a crude a repulsive exercise in vainity and absence of any taste, bad or good. I finished this film sick, violated and pissed off. Probably the worst film I've ever seen in my life. 0/5
Old 06-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Cranky

Hatchet 2

It was just okay, and it seemed like something at the end totally negated things said earlier, and I hate it when that happens. I'm not sure or not, and I don't care to watch the whole movie again to see.

Plus, I know Tony Todd is a much loved horror icon, but I found his low monotonal, growling delivery of every line to be as annoying as Christain Bales' Batman voice.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Evil is Better

Hatchet 3

Not as fun and refreshing as the first and not as dark and gritty as the second. Still even though it is the weakest of the three, i still liked it. It had good moments of humor, tons of gory death scenes and continued the story nicely. The plot was a little silly and the movie didn't seem to take itself seriously and a lot of the acting was pretty bad but not a bad addition to the series.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 AM
HDC's old chick

Alex Cross

My first time seeing Tyler Perry in a straight role. I thought he did a pretty good job. I enjoyed the movie, it was a good time waster.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:04 AM
For Vendetta

Entertaining, with some breathtaking cinematography. Great to see the familiar LOTR characters return to share screen space in the new prologue. Some parts dragged a bit and felt unnecessary, and the ultra-long running time of 2 hr 45 minutes could have been shortened by skipping those out. Hopefully the next one is more succinct.

* * * ½
Old 06-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Evil Dead

Men In Black III

Directed by: Barry Sonnenfeld

Starring: Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin and Emma Thompson

Lightyears better than Men in Black II, but still not quite up to par with the original, MiBIII is a pleasant piece of sci-fi escapism with a dash of heart. I would definitely recommend watching it sometime when you're not busy and have an evening to spare. Not too big on the brains, but definitely entertaining and funny enough. Especially of note is Josh Brolin's performance as the young Agent K. His emmulation of TLJ is nearly spot on with enough dry wit to spare. Suit up, shut off your brain and enjoy.

3.75/5
Old 06-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Misanthrope

Went into this one blind and thought it was solid. Definitely worth checking out.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_StarChild_Xx View Post
Human Centipede II: Full Sequence - This is a disgusting and far over-the-top film about a mentally disturbed man obsessed with the first HC film and is set on one upping Tom Six by creating a 12 person centipede. I don't know that I've ever seen a more vacant and shallow film ever. It's nothing but a crude a repulsive exercise in vainity and absence of any taste, bad or good. I finished this film sick, violated and pissed off. Probably the worst film I've ever seen in my life. 0/5
Lol. Thats what they set out to do. I enjoyed it
Old 06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

The Uninvited (2009)

Great remake of the South Korean original. Good cast. A nice and startling surprise ending. 4 out of 5 stars!

Tags
movie