Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I remember seeing this in the drive-in and it was really scary to me. When I saw it, it was titled I know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did!

William Castle is really under-rated, IMO, because of his use of gimmicks, but this film shows he could make a really scary movie!
Totally Agree, he's pretty under-rated! And yeah..I have read in some reviews and also from the trailer came to know that during the original theatrical release of I Saw What You Did, some theaters installed seat-belts so the audience couldn't be "shocked out of their seat"! (plus little shock for The Tingler audience):) I think those 'gimmicks' were pretty amusing & creative, at least he tried in his own way & he tried his best every time to give something extra to entertain his audience more & more. What a rarely talented & caring filmmaker he was! Yeah..perhaps we're now having the ultimate fun & entertainment of watching a movie at the theater with the magnificent touch of technological developments but behind the curtain, today there is no one or will ever be like William Castle or Sir Alfred Hitchcock.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Wolf Man (1941)

A friend of mine is a huge werewolf fan but had never seen this one - I had to fix that.

It goes without saying, but this is easily one of the best Universal monster flicks. Classic horror in very sense of the term.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Horror of Dracula (1958)

Sir Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing...both the actors were so remarkably talented & smart that sometimes I think if they wanted or tried they both could switch the roles of Dracula & Dr. Van Helsing...I mean both had the almost equal abilities to play each others role brilliantly!

>>: A
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Undead

The Spiral Staircase

We've been doing thunderstorm movies all month (mostly because it hasn't stopped raining since April). THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE has such a wonderfully over-the-top storm.

Mute girl trapped in the old dark house with a serial killer. What more could you want?

http://www.DunbarAuthor.com
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Dunbar View Post
THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE

What more could you want?

a decent dvd release for a start.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Twice Told Tales (1963)

UNFINISHED:(

After watching the first 2 fantastic tales Dr. Heidegger's Experiment & Rappaccini's Daughter last night, left the last one (The House of the Seven Gables) for today (as it was then almost 4 am and I had office in the morning!). But few hours back just before the lunch break as I opened my youtube account I found that the account that's been uploaded the movie along with some other great Vincent Price films (like Witchfinder General, The Oblong Box, Mad House, House with the long shadows etc!) has been suspended! Yeah...I know this may not be ethically/legally right to watch/upload this films freely but in case of a viewer like me from Bangladesh it was the best possible option available. If I could found this Vintage Vincent films in any local store I'd definitely buy them at any given price but as I said before...till today I haven't seen or find any single dvd of Vincent Price film here! Now I have only option left and that is to buy the dvds from e-bay..which will cost not only some heavy amount of money in terms of our local currency but also will cost time! It generally takes almost 2 to 3 months here to get a dvd after ordering & purchasing it online!

Anyways, it was a pretty sad day for me.:(

based on the first 2 beautiful tales where priceless Mr. Price delivered his as usual magnificent charm of acting, I'd like to give it.... "A"!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

One of the most visually stunning horror films of all-time. Even though it's been a few years since I first watched it, much of the imagery was still etched in my mind and came flooding back as I re-watched this masterpiece.

Hard not to love this movie, a favourite for sure. I really should look into getting a decent DVD copy though...mine's public domain and pretty sad. Looks like one of the title cards near the end was done in PowerPoint:(
Old 06-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

the thin man
after the thin man
another thin man
Old 06-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Invisible Ghost (1941)

>>: C

And Then There Were None (1945)

One of the best murder mysteries of all time!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
And Then There Were None (1945)

One of the best murder mysteries of all time!

Oh yes I absolutely love it! One of my all-time fav films. :)

Last classic horror I watched a few days ago would be umm...The Corpse Vanishes from my Horror 250 movie boxpack.