Old 07-23-2014, 07:56 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Listen, I'm not proposing that exposing children to violent entertainment is a good thing. I'm not really sure how you managed to migrate this conversation from Lee's "God told them to kill" quip, to a debate over whether we should let children watch an extreme exploitation film about torture. We're all adults here, or close enough. It's the wrong forum to pass judgement on grown ass people who enjoy watching violence for entertainment. This is a horror forum, remember? Not Lion and the Lamb dot org.
Thank you for well thought out and tempered reply. I dislike arguing, & especially dislike being on the 'unpopular' side. I have to force myself to present the facts & whatever logic I have.

Respectfully, I found the 'quip', & some things you've said incongruous to what I've written. I didn't bring up children, I brought up myself, & those thugs in Indonesia. I realise much of the research on that site was completed on children, but I'm not talking about children. I agree with you, first thing I thought when I read the site was called "lionandlamb" I knew they had an ax to grind; but the members of the site didn't conduct the research, they've collected it; and yes, much of the research is accredited and published in social science journals.

I didn't write, nor will ever suggest, if any adult watches Blood Sucking Freaks they will go out and torture and kill people. I know that's absurd. If anyone thinks I'm saying that, they are accidentally, or purposely, missing my point.

I've been a student of Social Science all my life. Again, my point is simply this: what anyone (adult or child) mentally takes-in (watches, reads, listens, in contact with) affects them, to some degree in various ways, usually a 'slow burn' so to speak, subconsciously &/or consciously -- affecting what they think & dream about afterwards, subconscious/conscious attractions/revolutions, sensitizations/desensitizations levels in fears, compassion, attitudes, beliefs, etc. I've seen that in my life. It's literally text book classical/operate reward/punishment conditioning. I think it's common sense. It's an important thing for an adult to understand & decide for themselves: know yourself, what do you want to be, what takes you there or moves you away. Simply that.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-23-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Evil Dead

I love Poultygeist Night Of The Chicken Dead, i think its hilariously stupid!!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:07 PM

I do enjoy a good Troma film!(and yes, I do think the words "good" and "Troma " can be used in the same sentence).
Old 08-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Evil Dead

my troma selections......

I liked Blood Sucking Freaks, Tromeo & Juliet, and Happy Mother's Day.

Back in the day, I watched the first two Toxic Avengers.....fun stuff!!
Old 08-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Cranky

Three little words: Vegas In Space.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

Surf Nazis Must Die is where it's at.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Scares Little Kids

Troma.

Troma, it works, or it doesn't.

Toxic Avenger worked. Monster In The Closet did not. Couple of Toxic Avenger sequels were really painful to witness.

Lloyd Kaufman seems pretty funny guy, who does not take things seriously. But I really can't say anything else, because I have never met him.

I still want to watch Surf Nazis Must Die (1987), Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006) and couple of others. And it is all about trash movies and B-movies. Independence of making films and all...

Collection Of Troma Films.

Last edited by RadioactiveCinemaCult; 09-09-2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Correcting the typo.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:45 PM
The Ghoulie

I really loved Night Beast. Toxic Advenger is another I have fond memories watching.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Little Boo

Last edited by nursecaligari; 05-07-2018 at 07:02 PM.