Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
Quote:
Originally posted by allmykids
It was not as cool as i thought it was going to be but i did like it!! As far as changing the rules on what kills vamps and werewolfs, that really pisses me off, yes we have hit a nerve. they need to stick to the basic's. :mad:
sooo let me get this straight. your saying we need to go back to basics ala steaks kill vamps, silver bullets kill lycanthropes. well correct me if im wrong but in American Werewolf in London, the bullets that killed peter werent silver, nor the one that brought down jacks attacker. Point im trying to make is this, London broke the rules and was still (IMO) the greatest werewolf movie ever made. I think it has little to do with rules and more to do with overall movie making steze. Look at gingersnaps- broke the rules- still a great flick.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:11 AM
pvsingerkfox

review

I watched the movie myself last night and I agree it could have been better. I wish the fighting between werewolves and vampires were longer. They could have choreographed wonderful fight scenes without all that Matrix mumbo jumbo (i.e. the vampire with silver whips v. that werewolf).

Another thing I noticed was that the Vampires had a reflection.... :confused:
Old 01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by slrae
I'm just so glad they didn't make this movie a freakin' love story ala Titanic or Pearl Harbor.

I guess I went into the theater with such high expectations that the movie never really met them. A lot of potential was lost. What I got the biggest kick out of was watching the special featurette on DVD and listening to them talk about making the ultimate vampire movie. What a laugh!
ha pearl harbor was awesome as far as gore goes most war movies are! although it was a little sad to watch hartnett die..........ponders..........no, i enjoyed it!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Science fiction, not horror. The "monsters" are explained away as genetic mutations and are mainly there just to explain why the main characters can jump real high and do flips during the Matrix-esque action sequences. The only horror element comes from the neo-Goth feel (as in The Crow and Tim Burton's Batman movies) the filmmakers tried to give it. Plus, the filmmakers said a lot of bad things about the genre in Fango and other magazines. If you don't like horror, don't work in the genre. Make a Jay-lo movie or a romantic comedy. We don't need you.

j-lo????? only if she gets ripped to shreads buy a rabbid 4 yr old named sven! and i do agree w/ you on some terms w/ the whole genetic mutation thing but i do like horror and i dont do romantic comedys *they give me gas* *not really*
Old 01-08-2004, 12:25 PM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Quote:
Originally posted by nightbreed
sooo let me get this straight. your saying we need to go back to basics ala steaks kill vamps, silver bullets kill lycanthropes. well correct me if im wrong but in American Werewolf in London, the bullets that killed peter werent silver, nor the one that brought down jacks attacker. Point im trying to make is this, London broke the rules and was still (IMO) the greatest werewolf movie ever made. I think it has little to do with rules and more to do with overall movie making steze. Look at gingersnaps- broke the rules- still a great flick.

It's not just AWL that broke the rules. Lots of literature and films have broken the rules, because many of the rules sucked. However, there are plenty of traditionalists out there that like their vamp steak (get it...sarcasm abounds) and their werwolves killed with silver.

As for this movie (Underground) isn't it just Blade witha chick and some werwolves?? I don't know, honestly. I won't go see anything my ex would like.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
It's not just AWL that broke the rules. Lots of literature and films have broken the rules, because many of the rules sucked. However, there are plenty of traditionalists out there that like their vamp steak (get it...sarcasm abounds) and their werwolves killed with silver.
Traditionalists or not, that's why I created my own set of rules in my novel writing (short story writing doesn't count). I wanted something original and not just borrowed from a wornout set of rules. I got tired of the same old same old and I'm sure some of you have also.

Quote:
Originally posted by pvsingerkfox
Another thing I noticed was that the Vampires had a reflection.....
In my novel writing, vampires can be seen in a mirror. Why? Because they're flesh, they have mass. Just because they're dead doesn't mean that they are invisible. LOL :)
Old 01-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

wow, a lot of negative responses for underworld. its not out yet where i am (australia) i was actually looking forward to seeing it.....i still will, but ill lower my expectations a wee bit heh
your dependence on hardware really amuses me, Bough. ive been dropped into the kalahari desert with no more than a toothbrush and a packet of sherman lemons, and i still made it to bulawayo before ramadan.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
i still will, but ill lower my expectations a wee bit heh
You better lower them a bit more LOL
Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
You better lower them a bit more LOL

LOL
your dependence on hardware really amuses me, Bough. ive been dropped into the kalahari desert with no more than a toothbrush and a packet of sherman lemons, and i still made it to bulawayo before ramadan.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Evil Dead

its not just the negativity

Quote:
Originally posted by predfan
wow, a lot of negative responses for underworld. its not out yet where i am (australia) i was actually looking forward to seeing it.....i still will, but ill lower my expectations a wee bit heh

im rather glad i brought this whole subject, because it seems to me the people have alot of contaversy on the whole matter of what kills what. dont lower your expectations too much otherwise you wont have any fun pointing out all of the mistakes, well not mistakes really just the different point of view this director had. and he's not a bad director, it's just some people prefer to stick to the basics. and now that i really think about it he took a risk in the whole horror world, not that people haven't already, but he changed the rules to fit to what he thought was good and for any director thats brilliant! :D