Old 12-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Little Boo

120 Years of Horror Movies - 50 Clips Supercut

Here's a little something we made to celebrate The Haunted Castle's 120th anniversary.

Last edited by MoonFilm; 12-25-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:08 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFilm View Post
Here's a little something we made to celebrate The Haunted Castle's 120th anniversary.
Thanks for making that, MoonFilm. Some nice scene and film selections. What did you use to edit it?

I just watched it once straight through. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you skipped the 1940s. Nothing significant come to mind for that decade?

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-25-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Little Boo

Hi Sculpt,

We use Magix video Deluxe to edit our videos.

The list itself is a compilation of some other lists we found on the web. We left out sci-fi films like Alien or The Thing and added a few of our favorites like Who Can Kill a Child?

While we limited the list to one film per director, we never really thought about the time as a criteria. Having said that, now that you mentioned it, Cat People or Phantom of the Opera would have been good choices to represent the 40's. ;)
Old 12-27-2016, 07:51 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFilm View Post
Hi Sculpt,

We use Magix video Deluxe to edit our videos.

The list itself is a compilation of some other lists we found on the web. We left out sci-fi films like Alien or The Thing and added a few of our favorites like Who Can Kill a Child?

While we limited the list to one film per director, we never really thought about the time as a criteria. Having said that, now that you mentioned it, Cat People or Phantom of the Opera would have been good choices to represent the 40's. ;)
Cat People would be an excellent choice! Some fantastically shot scenes in Cat People.

But the biggy would certainly be The Wolf Man (1941). The fog filled woods scene(s) is one of the all-time classic horror film images (and monsters).

It's also true, the 1940's didn't produce many original smash iconic horror films. Maybe in the running would be (in addition to Cat People & The Wolf Man):

The Uninvited (1944)
The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)

And to a lesser extent, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941), mainy because of the huge actors Spencer Tracy, Ingrid Bergman, Lana Turner.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-27-2016 at 07:54 PM.