Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

i want to write a movie! one that would scare king and spealburg!!!

i want something that couls scare anyone! a movie that would make you not want to sleep for a month! i had an ideia, it occurs in the 50s' ok there is a girl who lives in your everyday normal betty crocker town and she watches a scary movie w/ her husband ( lets say pet semitary ) so the movie is over and they go to bed and then something cliks in her head about the movie and the killing. but then she falls asleep and blahdeblahdeblah so the next morning she wakes up and she decides to go down and see wats 4 breakfast but her man didnt cook her anything. it anoys her but she shrugs it off and goes to work and there the little things ppl do to anoy you start to get to her so she is really pissed by now and decides to make a list of ppl and the things they have been doing. just a common way of writting to express ur feelings well she finishes and reads over it and now shes really pissed. so she leaves work early and goes home and shes thinking about what she wrote while makeing dinner. her husband comes walking in the door late and w/ beer on his breath and says "woman where is my dinner?" not something you say to a woman w/ a butchers knife! so the next day she doesnt go to work and a concerned co-worker pays her a visit and finds her on the kitchen floor covered in blood and her husband is dead. co-wker asks wat happened and she replies w/ i was cooking dinner and he came at me and ran into my knife 10 times! ok now that i think about it that wouldnt even scare me! mabye if i play around with it and make it a short silent film black and white style that would be ok and make it some wat scary! i need to work on it! at least i can reconize wat i need to work on. thanx!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:39 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
some tips and hints

well you're already doing somethings write, you're writing in a genre you love. you've also got some beginning ideas. i finished taking a screenwriting class..and it was awesome...probably the three most important things that i learned from that class are:

read, read, and read screenplays, especially ones of the same genre in which you are writing

also... you should know you're characters so well, that you can tell what's in their refrigerators

and third, go to film festivals, and better yet travel to film festivals, and submit works to festivals as well...