Old 12-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Evil Dead

which version do I buy?

One of the frustrating things about buying Asian horror is that there are nearly always many different DVD releases of each film. I stumbled upon this and have found it helpful enough to share http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/

The next time you are trying to decide if the Tartan version is really worth $20 when you can get the HK version for $10 on eBay, enter the title here and see what you can learn.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Evil Dead

are you guys aware that if you buy a cheap ass no name dvd player that you can usually play all regions? also many players have codes you can enter in with the controller to disable the region coding so that they will play pal and ntsc all regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.
Muh shit.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Evil Dead

I have a region-free player now, so I don't have to worry about only buying R1 or R0 anymore.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:39 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
hk versions of korean or japanese film have a chinese sound track that is dubbed so they do not have the original language track suck as korean with eglish subs...so they dont sound right but you can get regular or us versions of the some film at the same price . olso hk dvds are mostly R3 and you want R0 R1 dvds.
What is most interesting to me about this site is that they compare the picture quality, special features, etc. As an example, I want to buy Hard Boiled and was all set to pick up the OOP Criterion version. However, in checking this site, I learn that the remastered HK version actually has an anamorphic picture and superior transfer. Needless to say, that is the version I will get.