Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I Just Don't Give a Damn.

Location: in your house standing behind you with a chrome ball of death
Pet Semetary two. not as bad as I thought it would be. 7/10. I like this line said by the undead Gus: No Brain No Pain Think About It.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Evil is Better

The Pit

This movie had an interesting premise which is what drew me to it but ultimately it's boring, complicated and at times goofy. The old lady in the wheelchair scene was hilarious but i dont think it was supposed to be. The kid was supposed to come off as disturbed and creepy but he just seemed like a perverted weirdo. The Trogs were ok but nothing memorable. The ending was a nice touch but they just threw it at you instead of building towards what could've been a nice ironic twist.

I think this movie could benefit from a gritty remake. Make the kid more of an obvious loner, show him finding the hole and don't have the movie show the teddy bear speak back to him. This way you're not sure if he's really crazy or not and cut out all the obvious perverted crap. They can keep the love interest with the babysitter though, just do it better.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
...and you still think there's nothing wrong with you?:p [just kidding, CG! :D ]

I liked The Dead too and yeah...you should watch Quarantine 2 asap; you'll love it!;)
Why you little... *cracks whip*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I'm not embarrassed to admit that i love The Muppets. This movie was exactly what i was hoping for from it. It was funny, entertaining and just like the other muppet movies. Jason Segel was perfect for this as he's basically just a giant muppet himself. I loved it.
Loved, loved, LOVED that movie!!! I was grinning stupidly from ear to ear the whole movie and when they put on the show itself laughed so hard I cried. Utterly brilliant and a must-see for any Muppet fan.

I've found, though, for the folks who didn't grow up with The Muppets, they didn't enjoy it (at least the few I spoke too)... It 's a pity because, really, how could that movie NOT make you happy? I think it would melt even Angra's icy heart... ;)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 PM
No, fuck YOU

Hated it...
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I think it would melt even Angra's icy heart... ;)
You must've missed his emotional meltdown a few years back when he lost his shit to Sleepless In Seattle.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 AM
That fucking Guy...

This means War.
...Pretty unremarkable film really...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
This means War.
My sister wants to see that. She also wants to see The Vow.

I can't believe some people sometimes. lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Love is like dying

the thief of bagdad
20,000 leagues under the sea

love these old classics :)
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
This means War.
Shame on Tom Hardy - its too soon for him to start dialling it in.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
For Vendetta

Found footage films are dime-a-dozen these days, but there are some which truly stand out from the rest in this particular new fascination of horror filmmakers. Grave Encounters is one such film, which is a nice little ride through the spooks inside a closed psychiatric hospital.

Loosely inspired by the tale of The House on Haunted Hill (specially the 1999 remake, you will find more than one instance of connections between the two films), it is another low budget effort which shines brightly as a fine example of found-footage filmmaking. Starting off a bit slowly for the first 25-odd minutes, it suddenly comes to life with the televising crew starting to experience the usual groans and bumps in the pitch black darkness after they are locked in for the night. What comes next are a series of turns which make this film novel, and lead to an ending which can be seen coming (hence not entirely unexpected) but leaving a question mark on it's own.

The direction is taut - it could have been slightly better but does pretty damn good with the plotline and the atmosphere. The characters are varied and very believable (unlike the two Quarantine films which I watched recently), and the cinematography (combining normal camerawork with nightvision sequences) is superb in conveying the bleak, eeriely silent atmosphere of the closed-down hospital. The spooks are nicely merged with the mental breakdown of the crew, as one by one they succumb to the horrors of the place they have found.

All in all, a solid little film which impresses a lot, given the fact that this may have been made on a budget. Definitely watch this one if you are a lover of PA, [*Rec], etc.

* * * ½