Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Punk Rock Concerts?

Anyone go to some good punk shows lately? I just saw Idle Threats, Destruction Made Simple and Leftover Crack last night. All the people at the show were awesome including Destruction Made Simple (awesome fucking guys who traveled up to Oregon from LA to play the show). We also met some really cool people and i met areally sweet girl and got her phone number. The mosh pits were insane. But there were really big skinheads after the first band played.

Leftover Crack wasnt as good as i expected. They were really stuck up for being a punk rock band. They played on a stage while everyone else played eye-to-eye with the crowd (a lot better to play with the crowd i think)

They also got pissed off if someone touched them. "Dont fucking touch us. If you touch us we wont hesitate to kick you in the face." That made me lose massive amounts of respect for them.

All and all it was an awesome night.

:cool:
Old 10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Banned

I haven't heard of those bands, but that usually makes the best show!You lucky fucker!
Old 10-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sistinas
I haven't heard of those bands, but that usually makes the best show!You lucky fucker!
Great show. Plus i met a really cool punk rock girl and we dug each other very much. And she likes the Cramps and HIM i found out..<3.

Listen to Leftover Crack you might like them. Skacore basically. But I DEFINETLY recommend Destruction Made Simple. Funny ass guys and they put on a kickass show. Also you should like Idle Threats. Very high intensity level of their live show.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Madrigal
Leftover Crack is awesome, I wish I could have been there.

We don't get too many big shows around here, Closet Monster came, but they are pretty craptacular IMO.

My friends band, a local one, Dangerous Dan And The Douchebags played twice on the weekend and did two wicked covers-
Cheap Sex- Launch Off To War
The Virus- Battles
Old 10-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
Leftover Crack wasnt as good as i expected. They were really stuck up for being a punk rock band. They played on a stage while everyone else played eye-to-eye with the crowd (a lot better to play with the crowd i think
My roomates are playing a show WITH LoC in a couple weeks here in houston....they have opened for Left Over Crack before so its probably a pretty sure deal....

They are like their favorite band....don't do that much for me personally, but im surpised to hear they acted like that....:confused:
Old 10-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
My roomates are playing a show WITH LoC in a couple weeks here in houston....they have opened for Left Over Crack before so its probably a pretty sure deal....

They are like their favorite band....don't do that much for me personally, but im surpised to hear they acted like that....:confused:
Yeah me too. All my friends digged them but not the great in my opinion. Whats your friends bands name?

@Madrigal:Both good songs and bands. Is there anyway to listen to your friends band on the net?
Old 10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Post-Moderation

Their band is The Amerikunts and their drummer is also my drummer....
Old 10-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Their band is The Amerikunts and their drummer is also my drummer....
Do they have a website?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Post-Moderation

They are on myspace.com but i don't think they have a website....you'd like them if you like LOC tho....
Old 10-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Madrigal
Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Yeah me too. All my friends digged them but not the great in my opinion. Whats your friends bands name?

@Madrigal:Both good songs and bands. Is there anyway to listen to your friends band on the net?
I will try, I know they are recording a demo right now, and once they get a few tracks done they will send me up a few. Once I get those I can send you some tunes.