Old 12-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyx View Post
But if you've got a vacation time you could possibly get it done and then slip the retainer in during work hours. .

That was what i was going to suggest too...

Its funny as piercings are so main stream not and why someone would object to 1 type but not another.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Fangirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Its funny as piercings are so main stream not and why someone would object to 1 type but not another.
I think it's because sometimes they look less professional and if you've got obvious piercings it kinda says that you're unreliable and could make trouble or something. One of my teachers last year actually pulled me out into the hallway to tell me that because I don't look like the "norm" I would have to work harder than everyone else to be accepted into society.

I have known teachers though to have nose rings but they kept them small studs that aren't as obvious. Just depends I guess.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyx View Post
I think it's because sometimes they look less professional and if you've got obvious piercings it kinda says that you're unreliable and could make trouble or something. One of my teachers last year actually pulled me out into the hallway to tell me that because I don't look like the "norm" I would have to work harder than everyone else to be accepted into society.

I have known teachers though to have nose rings but they kept them small studs that aren't as obvious. Just depends I guess.
Sorry i didn't explain myself i think..

I can understand why some ppl think 'piercings + tattoos' are unprofessional but my point was that in the case i was refering to that having your eyebrow pierced was ok but the lip wasn't...
Old 12-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Fangirl.

Quote:
Sorry i didn't explain myself i think..

I can understand why some ppl think 'piercings + tattoos' are unprofessional but my point was that in the case i was refering to that having your eyebrow pierced was ok but the lip wasn't...
Ohh okay. :] Well you never know, there's all kinds of crazy rules floating around so in one place liprings are a no and eyebrows are alright. Strange but you'll have that sometimes.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
OMG! He's so BIG! What a cutie! Look at those gorgeous eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he takes full advantage of his cuteness...He is a bit spoiled

Quote:
Dustin looks so handsome and you both look so happy.
I am quite happy, and I hope he is, too...One of these days I'm gonna catch him with his hair down and get a really good, sexy picture...His hair is pulled back in that picture because it was at my sister's wedding (we don't dress that way normally :p), but his hair is probably longer than mine...It's damned close.

Quote:
Why THANK YOU!!! Yes, I dyed my hair; took a LONG time to find a color I was happy with, too... I'm really happy with it. Thank you for the compliments. Will DEFINITELY keep dying it!!!
I can't even BELIEVE that I kept my red (orange) hair for so long...It was the people at THIS FORUM who convinced me to dye it black...I wish I had started doing it when I was a teenager...I hate orange hair...I may ACT like a clown, but I don't wanna look like one.

Quote:

I LOVE your tattoos!!!

OH, to jump into the tats and piercings conversation:

Seri can have all of the piercings she wants at her job, which was one of the reasons she chose to work there...It's interesting what some people consider important criteria when choosing a job...Seri has a couple of tattoos...Maybe she'll post pictures of them here (If I had any in my comp, I'D do it :p)...*nudge*

Dustin had to remove his earrings and eyebrow ring to work at the hotel, he still has his tongue piercing, tho.

Seri wanted to get her eyebrow pierced, but she said she can't because mine is pierced...Which I think is a silly deterrent...If she wants to do it, she should, no matter what anyone else does.

Oddly enough, it seems that people always take pictures of me from the side that doesn't show my eyebrow piercing...I need to get a good shot of it someday, cuz I really like it...It's a silver ring with a silver cross hanging from it...Seri snapped a picture last week while we were at White Castle's (from the wrong side as usual)...I cut this part out and blew it up, see if you can see the ring and the cross here:

In my avatar picture you can see something to the left of my left eye, but you can't tell that it's a cross...or even that it's an eyebrow ring.

@Ferret...You're starting to look more grown up...Soon there won't be any kids left here at all.

Last edited by Rayne; 12-05-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I Am Violence

No glasses. Not sure if I should get contacts.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
@Ferret...You're starting to look more grown up...Soon there won't be any kids left here at all.
Haha, a new one's sure to come along some time!

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-06-2009, 10:23 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Yeah there is clear 'retainers' but they can't pierce with those so you'll have to get pierced with steel and wait til it heals to replace it..

What kinda job lets you have an eye brow piercing and not a lip one?
I already had the eyebrow done when I started.They cant make me take it out but my new boss complains about it non stop.Plus my dad bitches about it all the time.

My dads thinks it looks unprofessinal and I'll never get a good job.Which is true but not because of the piercing but my horrible education.He acts like if I take it out some CEO of a fortune 500 company will stop by and make me president.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return

Quite like this one. Good friend if mine who's in school for photography took it awhile back :)
Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post

Quite like this one. Good friend if mine who's in school for photography took it awhile back :)
Cute pic! :) ......I want to go to school for photography.I'm also thinking of majoring in writing/journalism