Old 05-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Evil Dead

there are too many of these movies

Sometimes it seems like every time I see a new horror movie in my cable listings, it's some college kids in the woods. I guess it's cheaper to film in the woods because you don't have to build a set, and young unknown actors are cheaper to hire.
It's like that vogue for post-nuclear wasteland movies that was started by Mad Max. Just drive a few miles out into the desert and put some junk cars around. Instant wasteland!
There's too many keys in the top right corner of the keyboard. Every time I reach for the backspace key with my little finger, I get ====.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Well I feel like back in the day people actually worked hard to make GOOD horror movies. Even the ones that weren't so good we're still decent. But now it's like filmmakers go out of their way to make horror movies as crappy and mediocre as possible..
Old 06-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Evil Dead

that's not the reason

No, they go out of their way to make movies as CHEAPLY as possible. The crappiness is just a side benefit.

It's kind of funny when the sets are so cheap that when somebody slams the door, you can see the walls shake.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Evil Dead

Mad Max

Speaking of low budgets: I read somewhere that in Mad Max, the only guy who had a complete outfit of leather was Max, because the budget didn't allow for more.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:06 AM
Hellraiser

Yea; a couple of nerdy guys & hot chicks in shorty-shorts running from some monsters, or a guy with a burlap bag over his head carrying an axe.
There is also the overused "drag him by his feet out of the camera frame" old chestnut.