Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
hate all shaky cam movies. they make me wanna throw up
well, unless it's august underground
I too "liked" the august underground movies though I'm not sure "like" is the right word. I watched them so they must be entertaining on some level. It was actually The Poughkeepsie Tapes I despised and turned off after twenty minutes-a loathesome film on every level. Terrible dialogue, acting, "plot", killer and victims.completely unwatchable.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Evil Dead

The Poughkeepsie tapes was a great idea, but the execution and editing were piss poor. And I think a lot of the bad acting was to make the people being interviewed throughout the movie seem genuine.

If you want to see a truely terrible shakey cam movie, I suggest 8213 Gacy House.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadliquor View Post
The Poughkeepsie tapes was a great idea, but the execution and editing were piss poor. And I think a lot of the bad acting was to make the people being interviewed throughout the movie seem genuine.

If you want to see a truely terrible shakey cam movie, I suggest 8213 Gacy House.
A mate of mine told me about 8213 Gacy house funnily enough he actually liked it but he also liked Poughkeepsie Tapes so I doubt I'll bother with it if its as bas as you say I couldn't even get through Poughkeepsie Tapes I found it unwatchable.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
A mate of mine told me about 8213 Gacy house funnily enough he actually liked it but he also liked Poughkeepsie Tapes so I doubt I'll bother with it if its as bas as you say I couldn't even get through Poughkeepsie Tapes I found it unwatchable.
Yeah, if you couldn't get through Poughkeepsie Tapes, 8213 Gacy House will definitely have you throwing something large and heavy at your TV.

Some horror fans have no taste, and will enjoy any piece of dreck thrown in front of them. But watching bad horror movies is actually an important part of being a horror fan. It makes you appreciate the good ones even more.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I too "liked" the august underground movies though I'm not sure "like" is the right word. I watched them so they must be entertaining on some level. It was actually The Poughkeepsie Tapes I despised and turned off after twenty minutes-a loathesome film on every level. Terrible dialogue, acting, "plot", killer and victims.completely unwatchable.
sorry but you like august underground but did not like poughkeepsie tapes !!!
august underground had no story whatsoever, just rape killing and more rape, what was the story to that movie!!! just a bunch of hillbilly's raping women and kids. poughkeepsie tapes acting was so much better than august underground and i dont even like that movie lol. sorry just had to say my point on this fearonsarms, just dont get where your coming from on this one.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Evil Dead

Hoboken Hollow (if memory serves) was absolute garbage.

I attempted watching Hugo recently and didn't quite make it over the line. What a boring shiece of pit!

I also get heat from the missus for making her watch The Church, but I actually loved it.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Hellraiser

I have been working on this list for awhile and the list continues to grow. Fortunately, I have a good friend who considers himself a cinema masochist who believes at bad movie is the best movie. He gets off on watching the most horrific, badly directed, terrible acting movies. He also wants to one day make a youtube series where he exposes his unknowing friends to such movies. Anyway, with my experience. Here are my top 5 from least crap to unbearable crap factor. I will add trailers to give you guys a little taste.

5. Karate Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52DGW9oBS8

4. Hood Angels

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi634192665/

3. The Room (I would like to point out that although this is number three on crap factor, I think it is one of the best movies ever! I highly recommend you watch this movie right now.) This movie is so notorious that the director and star has become his own meme and stars in a video game show call the Tommy Wi-Show. Which I am sure most of you already know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

2. Birdemic: Shock and Terror (I have no comment, This would be number 1 if it wasn't for just one small thing.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5dJDgZ644

And the winner is...
1. Troll 2 (This get's number 1 not for being the all around worst movie, but because of one scene that frustrated me no end when I saw it. I don't know what, but I had to throw the remote and storm out in shock in aw when I saw this. Probably because of the way he eats it was too lazy and fake... I finally broke one terrible movies. First the trailer, then the clip.

Now, the cinema killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su01dr7-RdA
Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
I have been working on this list for awhile and the list continues to grow. Fortunately, I have a good friend who considers himself a cinema masochist who believes at bad movie is the best movie. He gets off on watching the most horrific, badly directed, terrible acting movies. He also wants to one day make a youtube series where he exposes his unknowing friends to such movies. Anyway, with my experience. Here are my top 5 from least crap to unbearable crap factor. I will add trailers to give you guys a little taste.

5. Karate Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52DGW9oBS8

4. Hood Angels

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi634192665/

3. The Room (I would like to point out that although this is number three on crap factor, I think it is one of the best movies ever! I highly recommend you watch this movie right now.) This movie is so notorious that the director and star has become his own meme and stars in a video game show call the Tommy Wi-Show. Which I am sure most of you already know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

2. Birdemic: Shock and Terror (I have no comment, This would be number 1 if it wasn't for just one small thing.)

And the winner is...
1. Troll 2 (This get's number 1 not for being the all around worst movie, but because of one scene that frustrated me no end when I saw it. I don't know what, but I had to throw the remote and storm out in shock in aw when I saw this. Probably because of the way he eats it was too lazy and fake... I finally broke one terrible movies. First the trailer, then the clip.

Now, the cinema killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su01dr7-RdA
There's a documentary about Troll 2 which is very aptly titled The Best Worst Movie. And yeah Troll 2 is really bad in an enjoyable sort of way, but NOTHING touches The Room. Tommy WIseau is just soo...... yikes! And instead of embracing his horrible acting writing, directing, etc, etc, etc... He now goes around saying that the movie was meant to be a Black Comedy. Which is total bullshit!
I've had long conversations about this flick and this is what my theory is on Tommy Wiseau. He probably came to this country back in the 80's, and he was probably a gigolo. Or one of these guys who would hook up with an old lady with money, and sponge off of her 'til he got kicked to the curb. He would probably go around telling everyone he's a director, screenwriter, etc.. and with that weird accent, people probably bought into it, "He might be the next Werner Herzog". SO anyway, time goes on, and from spending too many years lying around the pool, his skin starts getting all alligator-like, and he starts panicking "Oh shit! I'm losing my looks, and I have no 401k, I better try to get one of these old spinsters to produce a movie for me, so I have something to fall back on". Some woman gives him a few thousand, and he makes The Room.

And seriously, if The Room really was a dark comedy, it should;ve won every oscar that year, because there's NO WAY you can make a movie that bad on purpose! It's just not possible. I'd wish someone would call him on his shit and say "Here's some money, write another black comedy as funny as The Room". He'd never be able to do it. His delusions of having talent are what made The Room the beautiful disaster that it is.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Hellraiser

Yeah that black comedy is such bs. I just love the movie. It never stops being funny to me.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
that's all i need from pseudo-snuff. and by the way acting was very realistic. plus excellent torture. i like when movie gets straight to the point.
poughkeepsie tapes lacks all of that
You beat me to it lol :):):)Exactly what I was going to say.

Leezuki-Poughkeepsie Tapes has terrible acting, no character development and no rewards for persevering with it. August Underground does exactly what it says on the box, it gets into the minds of the killers and shows their full grotesque nature. The films are meant to be completely repugnant and that's why I was able to watch them. The effects are so outstanding that you really do think you are watching snuff movies. Poughkeepsie Tapes is piled high with cringe-inducingly awkward third party accounts that fail to even offer true insight into the killer, it's difficult to watch not due to the torture but because of it's direction and delivery which simply antagonizes the viewer as they feel cheated because they don't see anything they hoped to see-it's so lamely contrived that I find it unwatchable

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 03-30-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: I am the typo king