Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2014, 02:57 PM
HDC Idol

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Little Boo

I like the background explanation for the origin of the monsters. Gives a sort of sense of wonder, although less of the horror as in the original Gojira.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I would liked this movie better if Aaron Taylor Johnson were not a vacant, lifeless puppet and if the trailer had actually informed the viewer what it was going to be about. This looked like a reimagining of Gojira but ended up as a movie about Godzilla the savior. Ken Watanabe was so damn good and so was Bryan Cranston. I wish Hollywood didn't do the shallow thing and assume that even in a movie with a giant goddamn firebreathing dinosaur we still need sexy young people to pay attention to. The point of this film is that Godzilla is better than people so maybe the filmmakers should have prioritized the narrative accordingly.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Little Boo

its a good movie to watch,,,,,some times scene seems like to be real..
Old 08-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Evil Sweat

Saw it today.
I think I agree with all of your reviews and remarks.
Here are some of my additions:

+There was a wink to Mothra. When they enter the old house for the first time there's a dirty (broken?) terrarium with a label that says 'something mothra something'. The somethings are faded words. My guess it was the full scientific name.

-The MUTOs come from spores found in the remains of a godzilla.
This would mean a MUTO lays spores/eggs in its pray.
Since it was a godzilla I guess it was dead before the spores/eggs were layed. So why would it put them there? Is the carcass radioactive?
And if a species uses spores to reproduce how come it also lays eggs?
Or were the spores grown eggs?

-The train/bridge scene:
The train was carrying the nuke to lure all creatures back to the ocean.
The bomb later used for the nest.
But the female MUTO destroying the train didn't seem to care for it at that time. Weird mating ritual perhaps?
She also seemed loaded with shiny eggs before she even met the male.
And they don't really imply they mate. The female just receives the bomb and starts nesting.
If they need radiation for nesting, why don't just pick a power plant?
Again, maybe part of the mating ritual.

-Back to the nuke. You can see the flash from the explosion.
Wasn't the city in the blast radius? Or at least within radiation/fall out radius?

-And speaking of radiation. I suggested earlier the dead creatures might be radioactive. Wouldn't that mean the dead MUTOs are too?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:53 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
+There was a wink to Mothra. When they enter the old house for the first time there's a dirty (broken?) terrarium with a label that says 'something mothra something'. The somethings are faded words. My guess it was the full scientific name.

A code, then "Moth" written on a paper, stuck over the original word on the glass which ended in "RA". A moth gestating in the pupal stage can be seen inside the glass cage as well.

Just a wink to the classic monster.

Quote:
-The MUTOs come from spores found in the remains of a godzilla.
This would mean a MUTO lays spores/eggs in its pray.
Since it was a godzilla I guess it was dead before the spores/eggs were layed. So why would it put them there? Is the carcass radioactive?
And if a species uses spores to reproduce how come it also lays eggs?
Or were the spores grown eggs?
Female Scientist: Is it him?
Ken Watanabe: No.

Eggs laid dormant because of lesser radiation on/around earth's surface. Male MUTO in it's caterpillar state dragged itself to the Janjira plant and fed on it through it's pupal stage, before hatching.

Original, long-dead MUTO might have been asexual. Would explain the eggs.

Quote:
-The train/bridge scene:
The train was carrying the nuke to lure all creatures back to the ocean.
The bomb later used for the nest.
But the female MUTO destroying the train didn't seem to care for it at that time. Weird mating ritual perhaps?
She also seemed loaded with shiny eggs before she even met the male.
And they don't really imply they mate. The female just receives the bomb and starts nesting.
If they need radiation for nesting, why don't just pick a power plant?
Again, maybe part of the mating ritual.
Nest of eggs were destroyed by Ford Brody, using fuel from downed oil tanker trucks.

Female MUTO attacked train and took bomb, which was later fused with the giant egg nest to let the eggs feed on it's radiation.

Eggs were shining after Male MUTO met Female MUTO, and Male MUTO "gifted" a nuke to the Female MUTO upon first meeting.

Asexual reproduction, since both MUTOs fed on radiation.

Janjira nuclear plant was exhausted. Hence the target was the California bay.

Quote:
-Back to the nuke. You can see the flash from the explosion.
Wasn't the city in the blast radius? Or at least within radiation/fall out radius?
Ford started the ship on AUTO and it sped beyond the San Francisco broken bridge into open ocean. He fell down exhausted, watching Godzilla fall over the city in the distance. Nuke showed timing of 5 minutes and 40-something seconds. Couple minutes later, he was airlifted by a passing chopper, and the nuke exploded when he was in the chopper, flying away. Safe to assume it was beyond any harmful radius of the city/navy ships.

Quote:
-And speaking of radiation. I suggested earlier the dead creatures might be radioactive. Wouldn't that mean the dead MUTOs are too?
Feeding on radiation doesn't mean necessarily they might be.

Last edited by _____V_____; 08-24-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Female MUTO attacked train and took bomb, which was later fused with the giant egg nest to let the eggs feed on it's radiation.

Eggs were shining after Male MUTO met Female MUTO, and Male MUTO "gifted" a nuke to the Female MUTO upon first meeting.

Asexual reproduction, since both MUTOs fed on radiation.

Janjira nuclear plant was exhausted. Hence the target was the California bay.
I'm not sure.

Female MUTO attacked train and ate a bomb because it's food for them.
While she passed the bridge, you could see the eggs glowing already.
That was before she met the male MUTO.

The nuke survived. It later on stolen by the male who than gave it to the female. Then she used it to build the nest around it.

The Janjira nuclear plant was exhausted, yes.
But I think it would seem more logic the female would look for another nuclear plant as a nesting ground.

Thanks for clearing everything else up. Wasn't quite sure.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:53 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
I'm not sure.

Female MUTO attacked train and ate a bomb because it's food for them.
While she passed the bridge, you could see the eggs glowing already.
That was before she met the male MUTO.

The nuke survived. It later on stolen by the male who than gave it to the female. Then she used it to build the nest around it.

The Janjira nuclear plant was exhausted, yes.
But I think it would seem more logic the female would look for another nuclear plant as a nesting ground.
The train (night sequence) was to deliver the nuke to a location where all 3 monsters were converging. The Female MUTO attacked the train and ate a bomb, because her eggs were glowing and were ready to be removed from her body (like in fishes), and she needed radiation replenishment. Unfortunately, the bomb wasn't enough, as we find out later. (the sheer number of eggs needed much more)

The nuke survived the train accident, and was airlifted back to a boat in the next morning.

The Male MUTO then picks up the same nuke from the boat (during the composite attack) and "gifts" it to the Female MUTO during their first meeting. Until then, the egg-sac of the Female MUTO is glowing faintly, but as soon as she takes the nuke near it, it glows brighter.

The same nuke is seen hanging below the huge eggs nest in the center, powering the eggs all around the soldiers, which is then removed by them and taken to the ship for the final climax.

The Female MUTO had chosen to meet the Male MUTO first due to the mating call - in San Francisco Bay. It was because she came from the second egg which had been transported to the Nuclear Waste Repository, inside the Yucca Mountains. She was walking all the way (through Vegas), while Male MUTO flew all the way from Janjira to the same destination.

Maybe after they had met and the eggs were safe, she would have looked for the nearest nuclear plant. Till then she were feeding on bombs and nukes, which was sustaining her.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Evil Sweat

Seem we're on the same page.
I always fun to have adult conversation about things like this.

Cheers!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:06 AM
Evil Sweat

Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will rear their several heads in the sequel.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1880162/godz...odan-ghidorah/

Don't know if it's been posted before but I just read this.