Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Hellraiser

I enjoy writing scripts and stories for all kind of genres but particularly sci-fi and horror as they give more room for your imagination. I hope one day to become a writer/director.

Dialogue is my weak point and sometimes I have trouble writing down what I'm imagining.

Those having trouble writing scripts, here are some useful websites:

www.filmmaking.com - has loads of advice for writing and directing.

www.simplyscripts.com - best way to learn how to write scripts is to read as many others as possible in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scr...art_Gold.shtml - a program which sets out word for writing scripts, plays and even comic books, saves a lot of time.

-David Mills
Se7en
Old 04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Hellraiser

I'm writing my first script now. Check out my post (Good idea or no) If you can help me come up with a name. (I was leaning towards "Nightstalker", But i think it's already a movie)
Old 04-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Avenger

Send a message via AIM to XFeaRX
I have made a horror in my directing class in high school. It was not that good, even though it won the best movie in the school (better then everyone elses movies). The movie had like no budget (I think we spent about $200 for it). :)
Old 05-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Bleed the Freak

Send a message via AIM to LilMissScareAll Send a message via Yahoo to LilMissScareAll
I've got one started, too...at least I HOPE to make it into a movie...I don't really know how, though. :( I mean, the only thing I wouldn't know how to do is the editing...I need help. :(
Old 05-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Scares Little Kids

I have similar problems, but in reverse... I set out to write an "Airplane"-type zombie movie called "Necromaniac", then after the first draft, we realized I'd accidentally written a story strong enough to be a straight horror/mystery. This wound up being THE RESURRECTION GAME.

I set out to write a straight comedy for SEVERE INJURIES, then accidentally made the plot and characters strong enough to (almost) stand on their own in a straightforward slasher movie (okay, not quite, but I did have to fight with it).

Sometimes scripts want to be the scripts they want to be. That's usually where the true fun of writing comes in.

Mike

B-Movie fans, check out the latest additions at www.b-movie.com
Old 06-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Freddy Krueger. Send a message via Yahoo to Freddy Krueger.
I make Horror Storys. I'm working on Freddy VS Jason 2: Blood Rematch (Rated R for Revenge) right now.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Evil Dead

You're kidding,right??

HIGH PRIEST WISE
Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Slave to a broken Heart

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Britt
Sounds Interesting.....:)
Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 AM
sheilatx

yes i am

i am currently working on a film with Houston Horror Productions. i wrote the screenplay.

sheila
Old 07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Evil Dead

I have made three films thus far. The first was entitled "Mirror Image" and it involved two spirits, one nice one and one pissed as hell. Both spirits are trying to send messages to the people who now live in the house where the spirits once lived. Eventually you learned of a link between the people now and the ghosts from the past. The second film was entitled "Mentality" which involves a 12 year old girl in therapy for 'something.' She sits in therapy listening, but not really listening leading the psychiatrist and her assistant to a rather disturbing conclusion. The third film, "Letting Go," involves a girl and her best friend who have experienced something in their past. Initially, the viewers don't know what it is, put through flashbacks, more and more of a significant event comes to light, which then leads to an unexpected twist. I don't know if the movies are any good, all I know is that I had a great time with my friends making the films and that is all the really matters.

Baring in mind, that the films have much more of the mental aspect of horror to them as opposed to the blood and gore(except for "Mentality")
________
volcano vaporizers

Last edited by thecritic; 01-19-2011 at 02:09 AM.