Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 PM
boo

just finished Uzumaki - beautifully detailed Japanese horror comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
my buddy said it was like getting hit in the eyes with licorice whips for 90 minutes
Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
just finished Uzumaki - beautifully detailed Japanese horror comic
...Yup, tracked that down after seeing the movie they based off it, the comic was a little more disturbing in some ways, but the visuals of the movie were a thing of excellence.

Just done reading my weekly comics, which was a lot...the new cable #1 was quite good, heh, that's all that really comes to mind, guess that says a lot.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Will Eisner's A Contract with God. It's amazing. Comicbook realism since has been a pale, watered down imitation.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Evil Dead

Just done reading the latest issue of the current run of DYNAMITES "Army of Darkness."
Personally, I haven't really enjoyed many of the AOD comics prior to this one.
The AOD ones, the "vs" titles, the adaptations...aside from the novelty, I just did not like them.
So this second "ongoing" series comes out, and it's actually a fresh kind've twist that the former series haven't offered. The general storyline flows a bit better as well, and in all honesty I much prefer the simpler art to the weirdness I've seen in the former series.
I don't put a lot of stuff about ALL the comics I read in here, but when I got done reading this issue, I stopped and thought about how much I'd liked this series thus far...I'd definately recommend it.

The "vs marvel zombies" series was funny, but not too great...

So yeah, this one's still running, and there's been Wildstorms "freddy vs jason vs ash" recently too...this was yknow...not bad, just not really "AOD/ED" in theme, more for a fan of the slashers there, I think.

One really good read I've had lately too, is the actual "Evil Dead" comic by Dark Horse- taking place prior to/during the events of the first film with new dialogue/narrative, GREAT art, the best ever in one of these comics, and some pretty neat little twists on the original story. I would hope that if ever there's a "remake" film as rumoured, whoever did it would pay the respect to the subject matter that the team on this comic does.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Reading through League of Extraordinary Gentlemen TPB, Vol. 1

This is pretty cool, but weaker than most Moore stuff that I've read. Still, that says a lot - Moore is a genius, and even though this isn't on par with his masterworks its still a really cool book.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, I didn't get that into the first series, but really liked the second. (you should try that)
Even so, his work is always worthy of a read thru, this was by no means a bad book, and always retained the interest - you just can't go in expecting something like you've seen before, it requires more attention I feel...great read over a rainy day, tea/coffee, music in the bg, worked for me.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Assertion
Watchmen, JTHM, and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. I still can't forget that damn 'flusher" dialogue from the johnny book.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Evil Dead

I downloaded a copy f the firt issue of "sandman", a story called "The sleep of the just".
Hm...interesting kind've concept with the plot there and how sandman came to the mortal worlds attention...I'm not sure where it'll go from here though...I might grab up to issue 5 and see how it goes. The art is pretty nice for its time, with a lot of unique aspects.

I've thought about reading the original witchblade and darkness series as well, but don't know how good they'll ever be...
Old 04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
I need all you comic fans help!

I am participating in a Comic Book Hero Draft and I need to come up with a theme for my team but I am stumped.

You need to draft the following:

1 Marvel Character
1 DC Character
1 Independent Hero (Vertigo, Wildstorm, and Icon count as independent companies.)
And then two others of our choice.

So what would you do?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
1 Marvel Character - Deadpool

1 DC Character - Simon Dark

1 Independent Hero - Grifter
...re - the "other" thread/Venom
He was a spider-man villain for some time, but has also done some pretty heroic stuff since then, and prior to Brocks illness, was predominately on the "good" scale, at least, as much so as say, the punisher...Just my take, and that's assuming you weren't talking about the "current" joke of a Venom that's massacred two villain/heros into a shallow character.
I've got hopes for Brock making a comeback because he had actually become a pretty interesting character, and had some changes in personality.