Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Very unexciting film but nice to see the scenery of Scotland and hear their accents..
Seen The Acid House?
Also check out Kevin Bridges and Frankie Boyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Yah. When it comes to accents from the UK i'm a total Scott/Welsh/Irish/Anglophile.
Then you should really check out Shameless UK.
Lots of lovely accents and colourful characters.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Evil Dead

New Nightmare (1994)

I've heard this called the best Nightmare on Elm Street sequel and some have even called it better than the original Nightmare film. I can't say it's any of those things, but New Nightmare is one of the better movie in one of my favorite horror movie franchises and a refreshing entry after the abysmal Freddy's Dead. New Nightmare departs from Springwood, Ohio and instead takes place in the "real" world. Heather Langenkamp, the actress who played Nancy in the original film, is now a married mother, and she is contacted by Wes Craven to be in the definitive final Nightmare on Elm Street film. However, Heather has been having increasingly terrifying nightmares and phone calls that sound suspiciously like the films' iconic villain, Freddy Krueger. Her son's disturbing behavior also leads her to believe that the script that Wes is writing may not be just another movie. Arguably the best part about New Nightmare is all the nods and winks to the original film sprinkled in there. The phone gag from the first one is in there (which I admit still scared the crap out of me), and a majority of the deaths are reminiscent of other deaths in the series, particularly Tina's infamous death from the first movie and the motorcycle kill from The Dream Child. Wes Craven and Robert Englund also make cameo appearances in the film, although their subplots just sort of fizzle out towards the end. I also wasn't a big fan of Freddy trying to get a hold of Heather's son. The "creepy kid" scenes didn't really unsettle me and instead came off as hammy. But Wes obviously had a lot of fun with New Nightmare and ended the series with a clever take on the slasher film that would be replicated in the future with flops like Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2. Personally, the criminally underrated The Dream Master will always be my favorite Nightmare sequel, but New Nightmare is a fun and sporadically scary slasher flick.

7/10
Old 05-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Sand (2015)

>>: C+

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

>>: B+

All Cheerleaders Die (2013)

>>: C
Old 05-02-2016, 03:35 AM
That fucking Guy...

Captain America - Civil War

Yknow, I think I enjoyed this a touch better than the other "VS" film this year...
Wasn't bad. They did a fairly good job compressing the events of the civil war storyline into one feature film, while tying it into the existing movie continuity.
I'm assuming the events in this movie are very much "to be continued" though, perhaps another film under the civil war banner?

Anyways, for me this was probably Marvels best since Winter Soldier which I currently rank pretty highly.
It felt like the most "full circle" of the MCU stuff to date.
The surprise character that I'm sure everyone is aware of by now, did feel a touch "forced" into the storyline, but hey, it is what it is - he was for the better part enjoyable to watch and probably captured the persona better than any other attempts have managed - and the fighting style. Great.

It was a solid movie though. More Avengers 2.5 than as standalone a Cap film as winter soldier...but all in all, very well tied together, and the depth of character interactions and relationships grew.
It was jarring at times, actually pretty emotional at others.

The action sequences were without peer.
The hero on hero stuff wasn't bad.
The villain/s might not be what you'd expect either, but not in a bad way.

I feel like they did a great job here.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 05-02-2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Evil Sweat

Special Correspondents (2016)
So very meh.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:32 PM
病気の

Sheep Skin, 2013. 6/10

Old 05-03-2016, 06:13 PM
病気の

Manuer, 2014. 7/10

Old 05-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Evil Sweat

Sunshine (2007)
Meh.
Sci-fi drama. Not my cup of tea. And I expected something else because I got some wrong info on this one.

The Bay (2012)
B/C
Decent found footage/fake docu.
Angra, if you haven't seen this one, the shaky cam bits are quite limited.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Sunshine (2007)
Meh.
Sci-fi drama. Not my cup of tea. And I expected something else because I got some wrong info on this one.

The Bay (2012)
B/C
Decent found footage/fake docu.
Angra, if you haven't seen this one, the shaky cam bits are quite limited.
Didn't like it.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:44 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"The Witch" 6-7/10

The acting was the highlight of the movie. Especially the boy was damn good. If he wants to continue acting he might have a bright future ahead of him.

Then there's the rest of the movie. Well, considering it was made on a budget of 3,5 million dollars, the director and cinematographer managed to make it look far more expensive.
Sadly, the most disappointing about The Witch was the story that was slow and not very deep, and really just underwhelming throughout.

But the acting was good.

Tags
movie