Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2010, 04:55 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
I got my little (read 15 year old) brother into creepypasta recently. Most of my life I've been obsessed with horror movies, and have had morbid curiosities. My mom has been cool with that based on the understanding that I would not get my brother involved because she thought he would have nightmares. As a result, he's never really had any supernatural type dreams.

The past 2 nights he has told me about his nightmares and I am surprised at his imagination! I wish I had such scary dreams. 2 nights ago he had a pretty basic "Slenderman was in the back yard when I looked out my bedroom window" dream. I dubbed it as nothing special, but it shook him up so I felt kind of bad. Then last night I guess he had a dream where he was looking out his window again to check if Slenderman was there. He wasn't, but there was a "demon priest" (described as a clergyman who looked slightly zombified) flying around outside. He was in shock and couldn't look away, when suddenly the priest crashed into the window and was face to face with him, speaking in tongues. Poor kid.

In other news, I did have an idea for a creepypasta, but I'm not much of a writer so I might do a few sketches and see how that turns out, maybe make a short comic.
Well I think the above is the beginning of a fantastic Creepypasta entry... Or just a good short story... The concept of a person obsessed with horror who never passed it along to their sibling but then the sibling starts to have dreams/visions that our protagonist wishes they had... Good construct for a creepy unreliable narrator. Good conflict too. Good supernatural elements. It's kinda Poe-ish in a way if you're really subtle about the jealousy.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
New Marble Hornets should be up any minute now. Yay!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Well I think the above is the beginning of a fantastic Creepypasta entry... Or just a good short story... The concept of a person obsessed with horror who never passed it along to their sibling but then the sibling starts to have dreams/visions that our protagonist wishes they had... Good construct for a creepy unreliable narrator. Good conflict too. Good supernatural elements. It's kinda Poe-ish in a way if you're really subtle about the jealousy.
That is pretty interesting. Particularly if it goes into what the narrator goes through to get the nightmares they want.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Evil Dead

I love the idea, I'm just not a writer. Don't have the patience for it.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Evil Dead

Here's a thought, don't watch Marble Hornets while on cold meds. I know I'm probably the only person on here who has such wacky side-effects when taking decongestants but now I'm really scared and this is fucked up.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
New Marble Hornets should be up any minute now. Yay!
I... Have no idea what that means...

I'm obsessed with The Slender Man, though - Wish I had PhotoShop skills... Stupid question, but where's a good place to start to learn?

Quote:
I love the idea, I'm just not a writer. Don't have the patience for it.
HA! Maybe I'll STEAL it.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I... Have no idea what that means...

I'm obsessed with The Slender Man, though - Wish I had PhotoShop skills... Stupid question, but where's a good place to start to learn?
Marble Hornets is a youtube series about a few people on the set of a movie, and their experiences with the Slenderman. They update periodically.

As for Photoshop, I learned most of what I know self taught. Then I had a class about using photoshop to make website components. It was only semi-useful as it taught a few good ways to work with transparency, and layer masks. I have a book that went with that class, and it helped with some finer points of using the program, things like using guides, and rulers and stuff to make sure everything is aligned.

Try googling what you want to learn. There are a lot of good tutorials out there, and they teach step by step. All you really need to know before that is where things are in the UI.

Quote:
HA! Maybe I'll STEAL it.
It was technically your idea. :p
Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Here's a thought, don't watch Marble Hornets while on cold meds. I know I'm probably the only person on here who has such wacky side-effects when taking decongestants but now I'm really scared and this is fucked up.
No, alot of ppl have side effects, I know there are only a few over-the counter drugs I can take safely.
Some ppl don't even know it...I know someone that got really angry after taking meds for colds but didn't even realize it was a side affect.

I hope you are feeling better.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Evil Dead

http://www.livestream.com/randomentertainmentlive

Streaming Alien. I don't know the people in chat so discussion quality is questionable.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Evil Dead

I just found these narrated creepypastas on youtube. They are very well done and there are a bunch of them. Here is my favourite. http://www.youtube.com/user/theLittl.../0/qX5aJgtoeqc