Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Evil Dead

I thought that this was a fairly well made remake. I liked how the movie played as more of a drama with Cruise and his kids and how the aliens were in the background as apose to the focus of the movie, I'm a little tired of movies like Independce Day...
I have to agree that this film did have some horrific scenes that could be desturbing to some people, I had heard that the main scare element was the realism with the destruction in that it brought a feeling of 9/11 to some people.

My only problem with this movie was that the alien mechines were already on Earth underground right? So that means that the aliens were already exposed to the Earth's diseases. So why didn't they die in the beginning? See I think that the story should have gone like the original in that the aliens had to arrive first, not that their already here.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Well, I still really enjoyed the movie. One reason being that I never really liked the 50s version. Speilberg's war machines were the tripods that I read about as a kid. I was so disapointed seeing the 50s version and instead of the massive tripods, those floating vacume cleaners came out.

I do resent the fact that the beggining implied that Mustang owners like me a somehow less responsible then people who drive SUVs.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Quote:
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
I thought that this was a fairly well made remake. I liked how the movie played as more of a drama with Cruise and his kids and how the aliens were in the background as apose to the focus of the movie, I'm a little tired of movies like Independce Day...
I have to agree that this film did have some horrific scenes that could be desturbing to some people, I had heard that the main scare element was the realism with the destruction in that it brought a feeling of 9/11 to some people.

My only problem with this movie was that the alien mechines were already on Earth underground right? So that means that the aliens were already exposed to the Earth's diseases. So why didn't they die in the beginning? See I think that the story should have gone like the original in that the aliens had to arrive first, not that their already here.
The machines were here, not the aliens. The aliens came down in those pods on the lightening. I think they must have just sent the machines thousands of years ago without coming to Earth themselves (talk about bad reconicence).
Old 08-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned

I seen the one with Tom Cruise and i didnt like it as much as the 1953 original. Which i found on ebay for $10.00 suckers if they knew how much they were going for .:D
Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
lol funny I get that alot
Old 10-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Evil Dead

Saw it and loved it! I think it was nice to see a drama story line instead of an all out action sci-fi. When you guys see it you'll see what I mean.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Tenant

Yah it was pretty good. Horrible adaption from the book, though.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Yah it was pretty good. Horrible adaption from the book, though.
I've never read the book but my understanding was that the red vine was in the book but it was something they couldn't do in the original War of the Worlds.

Also, which one of the films was truer to the book the original or the re-make?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
I seen it, the effects were amazing but I didn't really like the story they added on to it. But it was a pretty good movie.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Horroritis

I liked the way the tripods came out....very cool.