Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2004, 04:01 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightmarian
Well, I'll have to go with Silent Hill and SH2. They were kinda scary, for as scary as a game could be.

Anyone here had a Commodore 64 when they were young? I remember a game I used to play back then, it was called "friday the 13th" and it was pretty freaky. It had nothing to do with the lame F13 released by Nintendo on the original Nintendo game console. You were playing any character you choosed from and you were roaming around a map, collecting weapons, ranging from a knife to a chainsaw and you had to discover Jason and kill him. Fun part was that you also could kill just anybody you wished!! The challenge of it was that jason was 'sahping' like another character and the only way to find who he was was by witnessing a murder. Pretty damn cool for such a old game. Each time a killed was made, by you or Jason, the screen turned to bright red with a pixelised drawing of a Jason hockey mask showing. A loud girlish scream resounded and the shivers caught me every time. I was about 10 back then and it really was freaky.
Are you sure you are not getting two games mixed up? because some of it sounds similar to the friday the 13th game, however if you could find some pics then that would be awsome, sounds like a cool game:)
Old 03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Hellraiser

Resident Evil 3 and Silent Hill 2 are two of the scariest games I've ever played. I just loved the story and twists in SH 2 and just loved to change pants whenever Nemesis came along, and scared the shit out of me...
Old 03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Hellraiser

Btw the Friday the 13th game you are talking about, I think there was one game out called Splatterhouse, but that one is from 89 or so. Think it was the one out on Amiga or Nintendo.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

I still love the father of all Resident Evil alike games - Alone in the Dark. By Infogrames I think.
And Nocturne was scary too.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:03 PM

I never played Nocturne but I did play the Blair which series -- all of which I enjoyed -- and they used the same engine. I should try Nocturne since it goes for about $10 at the store.

Great words on Silent Hill there Midgard Dragon... I completely agree.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Analrapist

am i the only one who got freaked out by the song in the opening credits of SH ?? freaked the hell out of me :p

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Avenger

Send a message via AIM to XFeaRX
Splatterhouse was a scary ass game! I remember playing it when I was young.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Evil Dead

I found no scares from these series: Silent hill, Resident Evil, Doom, Clocktower or even Clive Barker's Undying.

I am unable to play Fatal Frame in for the fact that I cannot sleep at night or take the sudden scares from it while playing. And the second was even scarier than the first. If you're looking for a good scare, pick this up and put the movie you were gonna watch back on the shelf.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:20 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

I'm a big fan of Silent Hill saga (For me the 2º part is one of the best videogames I ever play) , but the scariest games I ever play is Fatal Frame...man I remember when the blind woman cames at my back telling 'My eyes it's too dark here' ... danm I'm too old for this shit. The second part(Crimson Butterfly) it's good but the history it's too similar to the first one
Old 12-05-2005, 04:19 PM
..its only a movie...

Id have to say all 4 silent hills. Some of the best games Iv ever played.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .