Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Synthetic Flesh

Far Cry is still one of my favourite games. It has a depth of atmosphere that is rarely found in games (HL2 has it too). The outdoor scenes still look beautiful - bright and colourful when most FPS games tend to be dull and bleak in their colour schemes. It really "feels" like a tropical island.

One of the few games that I keep going back to.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quest 64...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post

I may install "fable"...anyone played that? Any good?
Not personally, but Ive heared very good things from trustworthy sources
Old 12-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Been playing through Far Cry again on pc.
Pretty good game, I like that it punishes you for running around shooting everything like an idiot...I've been sniping a lot this time around, with either the rifle or the silenced SMG thing works pretty well too, trying to find as many paths as possible to eliminate resistance from a safe point...well, mainly...it's not as though I'm not having run-ins, especially with the tri-gens, but the varied styles of combat in this game is great...
I like this one, good, creeped out atmosphere, great sound, not just one type of enemy, not just one way to play...I heard people complained that it was "too hard", I have to admit, it IS pretty damn hard, but when you stick with it and get past the learning curve, realise that this is not just your everyday FPS and play accordingly, it's not that bad, and a hell of an experience. I remember being let down by the final stage, but other than that, from beggining to end, it's a treat, and I'm eagerly awaiting FC2.

I may install "fable"...anyone played that? Any good?
Fable is a wicked game,I had it for xbox but I sold it you should install it.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:45 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Been playing Call of Duty 3 for an hour or so and I am loving this game.Graphics are amazing and the battle's are just incredible.I'm not to crazy about the on-line play but I'll have to get a little deeper into it before I can really make a judgement.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
Fable is a wicked game,I had it for xbox but I sold it you should install it.
Fable is an awesome game....Only thing wrong with it is the short play time on it. I beat it in about 7 hours first time through I believe.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
Fable is an awesome game....Only thing wrong with it is the short play time on it. I beat it in about 7 hours first time through I believe.
Yeah it took me around that time to beat it to.
Just started playing x-men legends it's pretty wicked.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Fighter's destiny.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
Just started playing x-men legends it's pretty wicked.
One of my all-time favourite games; my only problem with it is the same as Vamp's beef with Fable: Too damn short. Just when you're really getting into it, it's over...pissed me off so much I havent even bothered to try the sequel yet.

I bought Gun a week or two ago, but havent had a chance to start it yet. Looks pretty awesome, plus it was really cheap. Any opinions?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Evil Dead

I've been playing through fable.
Just wondering, did you guys both play the xbox version? 7 Hours seems like...it's totally not that short. Although, I am playing the pc version "fable - the lost chapters" which I understand is somewhat extended?
I'd reccomend checking this out if you're after more content/missions/areas, of course, I haven't played the xbox version so I wouldn't know, but thus far it seems long enough, I've been playing it solid for a couple days now.
I'm being the absolute "angel" (even got a halo) this time, all "attractive" and "nice", only the "clean" weapons and powers...it's so hard not to just deliberately make the bad decisions and be an asshole...I'll be doing that next time, evil, scary ugly bastard...do people "boo" you when you're the bad guy? I'm getting kind of sick of the applause shit. I look foward to seeing the different missions and how the storyline differs too.
I like the boss fights...the game as a whole is a lot more in depth than I thought it would be.

On another matter, I remember there was a game released for ps2 shortly after it came out, called "summoner", it always looked pretty good to me...has anyone here played it enough to comment?