Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
<----Keep Right

OK, that should do it...
Old 10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Waste Disposer

Jason's short story:
Very chilly start I must say:cool:
When's the next part?

BTW Jason:
In post #4, the part where Victor is walking towards the restaurant, it says '...the smell of eath hit him like a festering- five ton hammer.'
Would that be ether or earth?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 AM
<----Keep Right

It's supposed to be "death"...I probably deleted the "d" when I was reformating it in the forum message window...It took about 45 minutes to go over it and restructure the paragraphs. Once I copied and pasted it here, all of the paragraphs were broken up pretty bad. That's why I went ahead and apologized in advance for errors. I love posting previews of my work on forums, but it's really tough to transfer them error free. This is the tenth or eleventh forum I've posted on, and I have yet to have one of the posts make a flawless transition from Word Perfect 12 to a forum log. Which is why I usually encourage people on forums to do exactly what you did: ask questions if something doesn't look right or make sense...that way I can try to clear things up. You'll be able to read the rest of this once the book's released (which should literally be anytime now). What you read is the preview of the book...it isn't ameteur fiction or anything like that, the whole of that story is soon to be out in hardback. With a 50,000+ word count; I'd loose my mind trying to post something that size lol.

Tons of writers like to give a preview that's a few pages...1 chapter at the most. I try to give a bit more...I want people to have time to either like or hate where the story's going before they spend any money. Considering the way the economy is currently, I really want my readers to have a chance to like what I write before they spend their cash on it. If you liked the preview, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the full work...Like most novels, the beginning is the slow part because ya gotta set things up.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, and I'm glad you asked your question...always ask if you have questions. :D Again, thanks for taking a minute to give it a read.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
<----Keep Right

Ok folks, just poping in real quick to wish everyone a great Halloween. I'll be out until Saturday (first party starts up @ midnight tonight). So have fun, take care of yourselves, and try to get in at least one good party if you can get away with it!

Have a good one guys (and girls)!

:D