Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Compilations and Pastimes
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I was just going over the list with my 9 year-old and he's seen 15 of them already and he owns a half dozen more in the VHS collection (over 200 tapes) my little brother gave him.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
For Vendetta

Just reading through the list...and I must say that Bad Taste and Videodrome are not as obscure or underappreciated. I d ve preferred to see Carpenter's Prince of Darkness, The Twins Effect or Uzumaki instead.

Maybe not many people mentioned those. I dont remember mentioning them myself.:o
Old 01-07-2007, 10:07 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Just reading through the list...and I must say that Bad Taste and Videodrome are not as obscure or underappreciated. I d ve preferred to see Carpenter's Prince of Darkness, The Twins Effect or Uzumaki instead.

Maybe not many people mentioned those. I dont remember mentioning them myself.:o
Im sure you'll agree that they're a hell of a lot lesser known than Doom or Hostel, which were also in the running.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Im sure you'll agree that they're a hell of a lot lesser known than Doom or Hostel, which were also in the running.

I'd even say Doom before Hostel. Doom wasn't the greatest movie (that's for sure) but it did have some fun moments and a good bit of gore. I think Doom did exactly what it wanted to as a film and I got more out of it than I expected I would. Hostel on the other hand was an alright movie but I was underwhelmed by almost every aspect of it. Hostel also had much more exposure and hype. Not that it matters... neither of the two made it. I could think of a few deserving movies that aren't there too but it's not MY list it's OUR list. I think Bad Taste is criminally underappreciated as Braindead stole all the thunder. If Videodrome wasn't listed in the original top 100 then I think this list is a great place for it... great movie.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
who submitted those?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
What it would be possible to accomodate some new blurbs on some of the items posted without blurbs? I've got some things to say about Freaks, Videodrome and a couple of other favorites on the list. This is an amazing selection, by the way. Good work Flayed and all others involved. Were it not so much work, I'd suggest the creation of more lists for people just getting started on the forum and trying to get a collection of things they dig and cool viewing experiences. A smaller list, like a "Kitsch 25" or a "Sci-fi horror 25" or something would look really cool and could be a good service to the forum someday.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
sooooo....anyone takin the Man Bites Dog blurb?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

@Doc - I was hoping you'd want to write some, and I think Freaks is right up your ally! If you want some more, all you need do is ask.

@Mothman - You greedy bastard;) If no one wants it in a week or so, it's yours.

@All six judges, request what you want now. urge & bwind, I'm still waiting on a few from you guys.

And a special message for the zwoti ninja - No need to wait for what's left. You helped create this list; these blurbs are yours for the taking mate!

Get these blurbs rolling!

PS@zero - I believe Lady in White is yours, unless I'm wrong
Old 01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Im working on my Vidocq one...would really appreciate The Amazing Mr. X as well, so long as nobody else wants it:)
Old 01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Im working on my Vidocq one...would really appreciate The Amazing Mr. X as well, so long as nobody else wants it:)
Yours! We're going infomercial style here!