Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by hulkamaniak
I know you guys may not take my comment seriously due to my low post count and because im new, but that doesnt mean i havent seen alot of horror movies.

But yer i hired Psycho about a week ago and i couldnt stand it seriously, but i only got to about . . lets say 2 minutes after the shower scene and fell asleep because i was feeling sick, should i rehire and watch the whole thing. . like does it get better?
No offense, pal, but you've got the symptoms of what we like to call "movie snob". You're hopeless. Just go for movies made after 1980, and you should be satisfied.

The answer to your question is no. Psycho does not get better after the shower scene, because it stays at an equal level of awesomeness throughout the whole film, beginning to end.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Evil Dead

I read the book, didn't find it particularly memorable or well-written. And Norman is quite different -- he's still a mental case with a split personality, but even his "normal" self is criminally inclined. (He hasn't black out his mother's murder from his memory -- he knows he killed her but thinks he resurrected her with black magic.) This makes him less sympathetic, so the whole story is less of a dramatic tragedy, more of a simple exploitation horror story.

When I interviewed him about it, screenwriter Joseph Stefano (who adapted the script for director Alfred Hitchcock) said the only things the book had going for it were the surprise death of Marion and the unguessable twist ending.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.hollywoodgothique.com/stefano.html
Old 03-01-2006, 05:30 AM
My little brothers

Without doubt it is the ultimate horror classic - if a little underated along with its legendary director Sir Alfred Hitchcock
The remake suckss though

"Seeing a murder on television... can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some."