Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Can you dig it ?

Yet another remake....
Old 06-17-2007, 08:34 PM
For Vendetta

First Poster for "Dead Air" out

The first poster for Corbin Bernsen's Dead Air is out.

The story revolves around a radioshow team attempting to warn its listeners after a huge explosion turns zombies on the loose in L.A.

The poster can be viewed here.

Two More Join Dreamworks' "The Ruins"

Caitlin Stasey (Rogue) and Joe Anderson (Creep) have joined Jonathan Tucker, Laura Ramsey, Jena Malone and Shawn Ashmore in Carter Smith's The Ruins, which is now filming in Australia.

The film is a stunning horror thriller, that follows four American friends on vacation in Cancún, Mexico—Jeff, Amy, Eric and Stacy—who meet a German tourist, Mathias, and persuades them to join his hunt for his younger brother, Henrich, last seen headed off with a new girlfriend toward some ruins. The four soon regret their impulsive decision after they find themselves lost in the jungle and freaked out by signs that they’re headed for danger.

Divoff and Savini bringing "The Dead Matter"

Over the past ten years, Midnight Syndicate has been taking listeners on musical journeys into the darkest corners of their imaginations. . . Now they will bring their nightmarish visions to the big screen with the supernatural horror thriller, The Dead Matter.

Today it was revealed via the official website that Andrew Divoff (Lost, Wishmaster, The Rage), Tom Savini (Night of the Living Dead remake, From Dusk Till Dawn) and Jason Carter (The Coffin) have all joined the cast of the film, which begins principal photography this August. Robert Kurtzman's Precinct 13 Entertainment (The Rage) will produce.

"Blade: House of Chthon" on DVD in September

New Line Home Entertainment has announced Blade: House of Chthon which stars Sticky Fingaz, Jill Wagner, and Jessica Gower.

This all-new release will include an extended cut of the feature length Blade: The Series premiere. This 88 minute feature will be available to own from the 18th September, and should retail at around $19.97. Extras will include audio commentaries, and a making of documentary.

You can view some of the artwork here.

Saw maker and Universal fighting over "Repo"

Ok, this type of stuff goes on all the time in Hollywood... but this is ridiculous. A new movie was announced today over at Universal that's a complete rip-off of Darren Lynn Bousman's previously announced "Repo! The Genetic Opera", which is set to lense in August.

The writers of the new Uni film claim to have been working on the story for nearly four years... but I'm pretty sure that Repo! was a play before that (I guess it's for them to duke it out). Whatever - judge for yourself. Read on for more...

Jude Law and Forest Whitaker are set to star in "The Repossession Mambo" for Universal Pictures. The thriller marks the feature directing debut of Miguel Sapochnik. Stuber/Parent's Scott Stuber and Mary Parent produce.

The morality tale is set in the near future, when artificial organs can be bought on credit, with the understanding that defaulting on payment will result in a fatal repossession.

Eric Garcia and Garret Lerner wrote the script based on a novel by Garcia, and they've been working on "The Repossession Mambo" with Sapochnik for the past four years.

The film begins shooting this summer, which should put it a heartbeat ahead of "Repo! The Genetic Opera!"; the latter pic is a musical but harvests similar organ-donor repo turf. Twisted Pictures is financing the latter pic, which "Saw" helmer Darren Lynn Bousman is directing.

Sapochnik wrote and directed the short film "The Dreamer."

(References - bloody-disgusting.com, dvdactive.com, thedeadmatter.com)
Old 06-18-2007, 08:59 PM
For Vendetta

Behind the Scenes Footage of "Trailer Park of Terror"

If you head on over to the official website for Steven Goldmann's Trailer Park of Terror, you can check out a special behind-the-scenes featurette for the movie, which currently shot around the Los Angeles area.

The film follows six troubled high school students who find terror in Norma, a damned redneck reaper with a killer body who dispenses vengeance and death aided by her cursed companions, a bloodthirsty brood of Undead trailer trash.

"R-Point" Director's Tryst with the Walking Dead

Su-chang Kong(R-Point) seems pretty confident about his next project, G.P. (Guard Point) 506, which stars Chun Ho-jin & Cho Hyun-jae.

Here's the synopsis: A strange multiple murder case was just occurred. A squad of soldiers from guard point 506 has been brutally killed, all except one. Every body was either crushed, or had their heads cut from their neck. The only survivor is in coma and the case is a complete mystery. Military investigator is dispatched. When he arrives it soon becomes apparent this is no ordinary investigation, he is confronted by the discovery that a strange virus is turning soldiers into Zombie like killers.

First Peek at "Living Hell"

The trailer for Richard Jeffries's Living Hell is out. The plot concerns a schoolteacher, Frank Sears, who has carried with him a strange scar given to him by his mother before she committed suicide. The markings lead Frank to a top secret Cold War military project where an unstoppable, malignant organism is unleashed.

Special FX done by Robert Kurtzman.

The trailer can be viewed here.

"Borderland" to Hit Screens on September 28

Zev Berman's Borderland is finally coming to a theater near you on September 28.

In the film, three Texas University seniors, on the eve of their graduation, road-trip to a Mexican Border town for a final weekend of drinking and debauchery. Their vacation becomes a living nightmare as the trio runs afoul of an ancient blood cult looking for human sacrifice.

Based on true events, Borderland blends the raw fear of Texas Chainsaw Massacre with the gritty true crime realism of In Cold Blood, evoking a world of paranoia, death and terror.

"Day of the Dead" Remake, Writer Speaks

Writer Jeffrey Reddick has spoken at joblo.com about Nu Image and Millennium Films' delayed remake of George Romero's classic zombie film Day of the Dead.

He tells the site, "I'm not sure when the movie's coming out. I know they're doing some reshoots very soon...and the production company, Nu Image, recently bought First Look...so they're still strategizing on the release date. They're aiming for a Fall release, but it depends on how quickly they get the reshoots done."

Furthermore, he adds, "I'm doing the re-writing...for the most part. Steve [director Steve Miner] does like to write sometimes too though. The good news is that Nu Image is really behind the film. I was worried after the low box office of recent releases...but it hasn't spooked them."

The original follows a group of scientists and military personnel holed up in an underground bunker because the world above is overrun with zombies. The lumbering flesheaters eventually find a way in and wreak havoc on the scientists who've been experimenting on their undead brethren.

New poster, trailer revealed for "Skinwalkers"

After Dark Films' Skinwalkers hits theaters on July 27.

Skinwalkers is about a 12-year-old boy who suddenly finds himself at the center of a battle between two warring groups of werewolves. One group of werewolves is sworn to protect him, the other group is trying to kill him -- and the young boy's mother has to find out why her son is at the center of the conflict before time runs out.

The new MPAA approved poster can be viewed here.

The new trailer can be viewed here.

(References - bloody-disgusting.com, trailerparkof terror.com, moviehole.net, comingsoon.net, myspace.com)
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 AM
undeadbob

I've been hearing rumors of "Diamond Dead" by Romero and now nothing. Anyone know anything about it. I heard it was going to be a musical of all things
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 AM
For Vendetta

Not sure about "Diamond Dead", but George Romero has completed "Diary of the Dead" which is into the final stages of post-production work, scheduled to be released sometime this fall.

From what I know, he has already started working on his next project, which is a movie adaptation of Stephen King's "From a Buick 8".
Old 06-19-2007, 09:58 AM
For Vendetta

"Pig Hunt" Completes Shooting, Into Post-Production

James Isaac's (Skinwalkers, Jason X) next horror film, Pig Hunt, is currently in post-production after shooting in San Francisco; Boonville, CA.

Synopsis - When John takes his San Francisco friends to his deceased uncle's remote ranch to hunt wild pigs, it seems like a typical guys weekend with guns - despite the presence of John's sexy girlfriend Brooks. But as John and his crew trek deeper into the forest, they begin tracking the awful truth about his uncle's demise and the legend of The Ripper -- a murderous three-thousand-pound black boar!

Travis Aaron Wade (War of the Worlds), Jason Foster (Rent), Tina Huang, Howard Johnson J.R., Bryonn Bain, Les Claypool, Rajiv Shaw, Trevor Bullock, Luis Saguar (The Zodiac), Robert Mailer Anderson and Lane Foard all star from a script by Robert Mailer Anderson and Zack Anderson.

Bruce Campbell out of "Bubba" sequel?

While we patiently wait for Bruce Campbell's My Name Is Bruce (due to be released in September), lucky fans have been getting early looks across the Nation (at Ashland and CineVegas Film Festivals).

Today AICN received an e-mail from a fan who saw it, loved it and came back with some news (good and bad). First, if a sequel were to be made, it will be called My Name Is Still Bruce; second, Campbell himself had terrible news revealing that (as of right now) he will have no part in Bubba Nosferatu: Curse of the She-Vampires, the sequel to Don Coscarelli's popular cult film Bubba Ho-Tep.

A short check of the movie's status at IMDB confirms that Campbell has indeed been struck off from the cast list. The exact details of his de-attachment have yet to be known from either the movie's makers or Campbell himself.

(References - bloody-disgusting.com, aintitcool.com, moviehole.net, imdb.com)
Old 06-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Bruce Campbell out of "Bubba" sequel?

While we patiently wait for Bruce Campbell's My Name Is Bruce (due to be released in September), lucky fans have been getting early looks across the Nation (at Ashland and CineVegas Film Festivals).

Today AICN received an e-mail from a fan who saw it, loved it and came back with some news (good and bad). First, if a sequel were to be made, it will be called My Name Is Still Bruce; second, Campbell himself had terrible news revealing that (as of right now) he will have no part in Bubba Nosferatu: Curse of the She-Vampires, the sequel to Don Coscarelli's popular cult film Bubba Ho-Tep.

A short check of the movie's status at IMDB confirms that Campbell has indeed been struck off from the cast list. The exact details of his de-attachment have yet to be known from either the movie's makers or Campbell himself.

(References - bloody-disgusting.com, aintitcool.com, moviehole.net, imdb.com)

WHAT?!?!?! Please, say it ain't so.....:( Well, that's disappointing.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
For Vendetta

As things stand right now, Bruce isnt in it. Sorry, Jenna...I am disappointed myself.:(
Old 06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
For Vendetta

"The Host" sequel coming in 2009

Chungeorahm Film, the film production and distribution company of the blockbuster hit 'The Host,' plans to release a sequel to the film in 2009, according to the Korea Times.

But director Bong Joon-ho, the driving force of the original, will not join the film crew making 'The Host 2' as he has other plans.

"We'll start making the film from this fall,'' Choi Yong-bae, CEO of Chungeorahm, was quoted as saying by Yonhap News.

South Korean technical staff will make a 10-minute computer graphic (CG) test film this fall.

"We have gathered technical know-how from making `The Host,''' Choi said. The film was made in collaboration with foreign technical staff including some from the United States. "I think we can use domestic CG technology this time.''

The budget will be about 10 billion won, similar to the previous film, and the same monster will be used.

First Peek at "The Chair"

The first teaser trailer was discovered for Brett Sullivan's The Chair, which follows Danielle, a young and beautiful psychology grad student, who is not only haunted by a troubled past, but by an evil presence in the present.

Brett Sullivan is best known for directing Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed.

The trailer can be viewed here.

(References - bloody-disgusting.com, The Korea News, youtube.com, moviehole.net, aintitcoolnews.com)
Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

Bubba Nosferatu won't be the same without Bruce Campbell in it.
The Chair looks intriguing though. I am sure this will be a good one.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Closed Thread