Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Did you like the original version of The Amityville Horror?
Yes, I loved it 12 57.14%
No, it was the worst movie I ever seen 1 4.76%
Wasn't my thing 1 4.76%
Didn't see it 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Evil Dead

so when i was little little my grandma used to tell me all these scary stories about the amityville horro and how my grandpa (who was a state trooper) had to go investigate. so when i got to the appropriate horror appreciating age in my life i tried to watch it and the original was never as scary or cool as my grandma told me about. so i will probably watch this movie when someone pays for me to go see it or i have other possible horro movies to rent.

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 04-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Tenant

This movie looks fucking brilliant, I loved the old one, but I only have one concern...I hated the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and this is by the same director. I just hope he doesnt fuck this remake up like he did with TCM. But as far as the trailor, I think It'll be good and I'm definately seeing it.

If you care enough, check the background on it...

www.amityvillehorrortruth.com
Old 04-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Evil Dead

yeah i really hated the new texas chainsaw masacre.

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
This movie looks fucking brilliant, I loved the old one, but I only have one concern...I hated the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and this is by the same director. I just hope he doesnt fuck this remake up like he did with TCM. But as far as the trailor, I think It'll be good and I'm definately seeing it.

If you care enough, check the background on it...

www.amityvillehorrortruth.com
So... you hate the TCM remake... and this is by the same people...

And you think this looks brilliant? You guys think this has nothing to do with money?
Old 04-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Evil Dead

Personaly I think this looks awsome, and I'm going to see it.

As far as the director being the same as the TCM re-make, I thought that the re-make wasn't horrible but I didn't like it how they played the film like it was a true story, the TCM story is only losely a true story. Which leads me to my next question, does anyone know if Amityville is an actual true story or is the director just playing the true story card again?

I looked at the back of the box on the original Amityville and I couldn't see anything about a true story.

Also could anyone tell me if the other Amityville's are any good b/c the Amityville trilogy that was just released in a box set looks interesting? I can't figure out why the fourth Amityville film is not in that box set.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Tenant

Yah, I agree with the drag-out b.s. of the TCM remake...but Amityville is based on a real "Amityville Horror", and you can check out the DeFeo case here:
www.amityvillehorrortruth.com or www.amityvillehorrormovie.com
I suggest the latter of the two.

As far as the trilogy, it really isn't worth it, but that's my opinon. The first Amityville was the only one I felt was a strong, well-made horror movie. But the reason the fourth isn't on there is because it was a made-for-TV movie. I have never actually seen it, but some movie rentals carry it.

I can't wait...4.15.05
Old 04-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I'M 37!!!

Doesn't look too bad. I personally hate remakes (except for TCM remake) and think the people who remake good movies are a-holes who can't think of anything new and orginal and just remake classics such as this. I'm just afraid they're gonna remake Friday the 13th, Exorcist, NOES, Halloween, and Shining (wait, they already remade that one.) I heard they're remaking hills have eyes & pet sematary. Those bastards!
________
silversurfer reviews

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 01-19-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Yah, I agree with the drag-out b.s. of the TCM remake...but Amityville is based on a real "Amityville Horror", and you can check out the DeFeo case here:
www.amityvillehorrortruth.com or www.amityvillehorrormovie.com
I suggest the latter of the two.

As far as the trilogy, it really isn't worth it, but that's my opinon. The first Amityville was the only one I felt was a strong, well-made horror movie. But the reason the fourth isn't on there is because it was a made-for-TV movie. I have never actually seen it, but some movie rentals carry it.

I can't wait...4.15.05

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Undead

I too am rather hestitant to get excited about a remake, but this has Van Wilder in it! I'm gonna go see it, no matter what, but in all likelihood, I'll be disappointed.

"Unpleasant dreams..." ~Elvira
Old 04-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Quote:
Originally posted by Macabre_Maiden
I too am rather hestitant to get excited about a remake, but this has Van Wilder in it! I'm gonna go see it, no matter what, but in all likelihood, I'll be disappointed.
agreed. fucking Van Wilder! in a horor movie? that dude can't actor his way out of a wet paper bag....

That was a joke by the way