Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2004, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ichi the killer
Don t think im your type.

If you have an anus you are my type.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Backyard Waterfall

I do think that anyone who grew up with "Famous Monsters of Filmland" was lucky, because at that time, it was considered COOL to like old monster movies (imagine that!). Around the time "Famous Monsters" faded out and was replaced by "Fangoria," it became "no longer cool" to be into that old stuff. Suddenly anything in black and white was undeserving of attention. The fake blood had to be red!

But yeah, it's hard to believe, looking back, that some kids would memorize the dialogue of the old Universal films...

"Famous Monsters" itself had a lot to do with shaping horror fan culture. It constantly reminded its readers that hey, we wouldn't have this new shit unless those wrinkled old guys had given us the old shit way back when. Today comes out of yesterday. I guess it was another way of saying "respect your elders," except with monsters.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ichi the killer
Quote:
Originally posted by chaplain
If you have an anus you are my type.
Sorry don't think the wife would approve. She's the one who wears the strap on dildo in the bedroom.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!

Last edited by ichi the killer; 11-27-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
This thread shows me how over mature I must be. Sure, I enjoy the horror films of today, I really do. But you cant bewat the classics. Im 14, I saw DotD this year only a coupole weeks before Halloween. I loved it, and Im in no rush to rent the remake.

Omen said something like once you reach 25 or so, you stop liking whats cool, ans start liking what you like. Yay, Im 11 years more mature than I should be! :D
Old 11-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Quote:
Omen said something like once you reach 25 or so, you stop liking whats cool, ans start liking what you like. Yay, Im 11 years more mature than I should be!
That's good. However I was majoritively speaking. Of course not all kids hate all things 'old'. I liked Black Sabbath, but hated the Stones when I was your age. So I did like things that were on this earth well before I was born. But when I got into my mid-twenties, I definitely gave more things a chance, especially movies.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Therapy?

Re: confession

Quote:
Originally posted by g star
i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. i made it through maybe 45 minutes before i shut it off. i realize it's a classic and every true horror fan loves it so.... what's wrong with me? does it get better as it goes along? does it take repeated viewings to truely appreciate it? i love all horror movies, i really do, from the great to the absurd. but DOTD, which some consider the best of all time, i just couldn't get into. am i nuts? advice please.

jaded horror fan.
Everybody has different tastes. I know a lot of horror fans that love horror as much as I do, and they cannot stand the Evil Dead movies. It does pickup a bit at the middle, but it's probably just not your cup of tea.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Banned

i think the younger folks have a hard time with subtle black and white slow building horror films.
Most of them want high octane guns blazing thrill a minute movies.

i prefer ones that have a nice slow build up .. allowing for character developement so that you actually get to know, like, and understand the characters which allows you to identify with them, thus feeling concern that they might actually die.
this is what builds terror and suspense ..

who gives a shit if some cardboard cutout character dies (i.e. anyone in resident evil 2)

making a great horror film is a rare art.
few take the bother to because it is too much of a risk.
The demogrphic for horror films is largely the youth population who are the ones that want everything hard and fast - so they dont get bored.
If they dont support good films (they rarely do) then they wont get made. Simple economics.

and i'm not saying all youth is like this ... just most of them.

Last edited by urgeok; 11-29-2004 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i've seen the name around on a UK enteratinment site ..
they seem to be generally hated .. along with some band called mcfly ?

hates the pistols eh ?
thats a good reason for a beating right there.

Although he shows some sense in his feelings toward Green Day - a band I always despised. (as being a Knack clone)

ahhh youth today .. what's to be done with them ?

they should be strung up and gutted
i blame it on the parents though
can't they properly teach their children the differance between a good and bad flick?
i actually take the time to make sure my neices and nepwes know the classics
Old 11-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Banned

tachii, i thought you were a teenage girl too ? :)
you sure look young in the pic..
Old 11-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Evil Dead

and most people tell me they thought i was older
that's a breath of fresh air!:D