Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Matango is a great choice. I always found it pretty squirmy, but that might be because the first time I saw it, I was five, quarantined in an indoor tent with the chicken pox and it was in a double feature with From Hell it Came. Something really icky about Matango, and you've found a way to ick it up. Even better. Everything about this seems pretty cool, with the exception of the Blair Witch crew being involved. Sanchez and Myrick are not strong directors, just strong hucksters. I don't think they'd be able to deal with such a squirmy, makeup heavy film with so much thematic weight. That might just be my own mortal despite of the Blair Witch Project talking. A lot of thought went into this and your grade will reflect it.
Thanks!! Yeah, I had a tough time finding directors for the project, though the reason why I went with Sanchez alone (and not Myrick) is that, with Altered he showed that he could deal with great amounts of gore, ick, AND character insanity (all of which would be relevant to the Matango remake). I specifically chose him and not Myrick is that I haven't seen anything else by Myrick that was all that impressive.

Also, Didn't know you hated Blair Witch?? Mind if I ask why? (You can PM me - I'm honestly curious)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
It's in your box. Thank you for asking, though. Most people just argue that it's a work of genius without hearing me out and I end up feeling like setting them on fire.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Actually, Kwaidan was my second choice. I really wanted to do The Asphyx, but I couldn't acquire a copy in time for the deadline so I went with the backup plan. Strangely enough, the Kwaidan remake was outlined before I decided I'd rather do the Asphyx remake, but by then it was too late to aquire my reference material. After review, I think though it's flawed, my Kwaidan remake was probably the stronger choice.

Time and judges score's will tell the rest.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
Actually, Kwaidan was my second choice. I really wanted to do The Asphyx, but I couldn't acquire a copy in time for the deadline so I went with the backup plan. Strangely enough, the Kwaidan remake was outlined before I decided I'd rather do the Asphyx remake, but by then it was too late to aquire my reference material. After review, I think though it's flawed, my Kwaidan remake was probably the stronger choice.

Time and judges score's will tell the rest.
The Asphyx was also my preferred movie from 70's!;) Though I found a full summary of the film but finally decided to go with IBTL as I haven't actually seen The Asphyx before except the trailer on youtube. I was completely fascinated by the plot and now eager to collect a copy of the film.

Anyway, though you have already amazed us by Kwaidan, but still I'm very much interested to know what you'd like to do in The Asphynx remake?.:)

Btw, have you though of a new or alternate title for Kwaidan remake? or you'd like to go the original one?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
For Vendetta

3 Judges have turned in their Grades.

Waiting for 1 more.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
For Vendetta

Hammerfan hasnt been online. Here are the Grades :-

The Winner of Elimination Round #3 is...

The Flayed One - A-!

Second place, jointly, goes to...

ChronoGrl and bwind22 - B+!

Third place, goes to...

Roshiq - B-!

Which leaves us with...

Last placed, and eliminated from Idol...

FerretChucker - C+!

Sorry young FC, you had a wonderful run in Idol, but you stand eliminated. Also eliminated is Bloodrayne, since she didnt turn in her entry.

The next Elimination Round will be posted in the next 24 hours.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Congrats again Flayed!

Sorry to see you go FC. You had a great run and dropped some fantastic answers along the way. Good game! *Uber macho sports butt slap for Ferret*

V, Are we going to be getting 72 hour deadlines from here on out or will it revert back to 48?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Feels good to be back in the saddle again.

To ferret: Kudos for a well played game. I look forward to competing against you again.

To bwind, Chrono and Roshiq: you are the enemy. I will do my best to crush you in any way I can. BRING IT ON!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
To bwind, Chrono and Roshiq: you are the enemy. I will do my best to crush you in any way I can. BRING IT ON!
Haha. Careful, or I'll hire Vodstok to club you in the kneecap just before the next round starts.

Until you pointed out who was left like that, I didn't realize how big of an underdog I just became. Roshiq & Chrono have been at the top of the heap the whole time. You've won 2 out of the last 3 challenges and then there's me, who cast a dead actor in the opening round and probably only survived to the Finals because so many other Ogres stopped participating.

Luckily for me, my master plan is working perfectly.... I set the expectations nice and low with my feeble first answer and have been steadily improving ever since. Now it's time to start trying. ;)
Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
For Vendetta

We have moved into the last 4. 72-Hour deadlines will stay.