Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Evil is Better

Iron Man 3

Wow did i ever hate this. The story is rushed and the dialouge is forced. The entire movie doesn't even feel like an Iron Man movie. Tony is barely ever even in the suit. I was okay with them making Tony seem weak and having his problems but the whole anxiety attack thing didnt go anywhere and they didnt just make Tony look weak, they made Iron Man look weak. The suits kept breaking all the time making Iron Man just look disposable. The addiciton metaphor fell flat too. I liked that they gave dialouge and personality to the henchman though, that was a nice touch as was some of the jokes but others fell flat and were ill timed. Speaking of personality Don Cheadle had absolutely none and Robert Downey Jr really didn't seem to be into this movie.

Here was my biggest problem though:

SPOILERS:
They turned Mandarin into a complete joke. Mandarin is Iron Man's biggest Villain and the previews and the setup in the movie makes him seem like an impressive, badass villain and then he turns out to be just another dumb joke. I wouldnt have been as mad at Mandarin turning out to be a front for Killian if they hadnt made Mandarin so damn stupid. Once that happened i didnt give a damn about the rest of the movie. Also the scene at the end was stupid and just another dumb joke. That's all this movie was, a joke. Also i really hated how in a quick scene, they had him getting the shrapnel removed. It made the plot of the second movie pointless.
END OF SPOILERS

Old 05-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Evil Dead

The Fugue (2012) It took a while to remember the name of this movie then, I total forgot the name of the movie. (I only saw this less then 48 hours ago!)

This is a very low budget movie, it felt like one those home made you tube videos, yet some of those clips were better filmed then this movie.

This girl is jogging and talks to stranger and then stranger attack her (Meanwhile she is be investigative by someone)

But turn what see is not what we should believe in and they stop the well, this funny silly dark ghost comes of well and pull the man in but then it turns out that not truth at all, cause there was no ghost, only the girl!

I was total confused what the hell was happening in this movie and they as the movie goes its' get even more confusing and no they don't once make is clear!

The acting was very weak and very felt very staged like.

A Waste of time!
1 out 10

The Lost Episode (2012) aka "Pennhurst"

I thought this movie was going to be one of those Hand-Held Camera but however they try to make it out it is like ones of those movies.

I thought the plot was okay, they had decent idea of twist in this movie, even thought twist is very predicable from start of the movie.

Number of people go to this building to film before they go into the building this tall guy tells not to go in and yet he goes in there with them.

Thought out the movie loud noise and people screaming and the mad doctor is stalking this place after all these year!

One by one they all getting killed by this made doctor in this haunted place, torture scenes were really badly done too.

The movie was very boring and wasn't actually stopped watching the movie, while cleaning up and having this on in the back ground for most of time.

The acting in this movie was really bad, it had laughing for most of the times, when the over act the lines

2 out 10

Backslasher (Video 2012)

This as got to be one of worst acting movie I ever seem, I was thinking of turn it the movie of just after 5 minutes in the acting was really bad and then acting just got even worse and makes this movie Very Un-watch-able

As I did't see the full movie I don't think I will even try to watch this movie, as I don't there enough beer in world to seat thought this movie.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Evil Dead

Shrooms (2007)

This movie had some creepy elements and a decent twist but they weren't enough to save it from the annoying female lead, bad dialogue and the horrible dark to light filter throughout the picture.
2.5/10

John Dies at the End (2012)

I really enjoyed this movie. You felt crazy with them and you laughed about it. It was creative and effective.

8/10

Old 05-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Cranky

NIGHTBREED: THE CABAL CUT

This was a real treat. The story of the studio's butchering of Nightbreed against Clive Barker's wishes is legendary. A member of Barker's production company discovered cut footage a few years ago and using the shooting script, assembled a complete version of the film in secret. After showing his cut to Barker, the director asked for only four small revisions.

Since then, the restoration director has been touring with the new cut at film festivals and horror conventions, to great acclaim. The film is vastly different than the release version, and restores Barker's vision to his adaptation of his novel "Cabal."

Barker wanted to make a film about monsters in their own society, where they were the good guys. The studio wanted... well, the studio wanted a slasher film, so they demanded reshoots expanding Dr. Dekker's role (David Cronenberg's only acting role.), and reducing the monster plot. The Cabal Cut restores the monsters, and cuts out a lot of Dekker.

For now, the only way you can see the true version of Nightbreed is to be lucky enough to see it at a festival or con. I just saw it tonight at Portland's HP Lovecraft Film Festival, and was blown away. This is an amazing film, and if any of you have a chance to see this, by all means do so.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff

Last edited by neverending; 05-06-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I've been wanting to see this for years hope it gets a wider release.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 AM
HDC's old chick

Saw Iron Man 3 yesterday

And watched The Awakening on Netflix last night

Last edited by hammerfan; 05-06-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I've been wanting to see this for years hope it gets a wider release.
They have distributorship lined up for the US and England, but they don't own the film. They need somebody to buy the film from Morgan Creek, which is not really motivated to sell. One can always hope, though!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Finally got around to seeing Insidious. I thought it was ok. Good to see the Robot Devil still getting work since the cancellation of Futurama.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post

The studio wanted... well, the studio wanted a slasher film, so they demanded reshoots expanding Dr. Dekker's role (David Cronenberg's only acting role.), and reducing the monster plot.
Do you mean first major role? Hasn't he acted in a good few film/tv shows?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Cranky

Perhaps you're right.

Tags
movie