Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Undead

I have a seriously bad irrational fear of clowns, so just based on the visual alone, I've never been able to sit through It or Killjoy without having a panic attack. I'm not really very embarrassed by that, it's something that I've just learned to deal with in my life.

I am, however, VERY embarrassed that after watching The Fourth Kind two years ago, I made the guy I was dating at the time wait outside the bathroom for me. Because I was that scared.

Don't be jealous of my courage, guys...
Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandarian Demon View Post
I've never even bothered watching any of the remakes, to be honest - I thought there was only one of them, by the way.

I was around the same age when I watched Carrie, and I can't say I was scared by it - but I was the victim of pretty extreme bullying at the time, and I think that influenced the way I felt about the movie.
Sorry to hear that, that's awful. But I do have to say the original Carrie does give me the creeps. Did see the trailer for the "Carrie" re-make at "The Conjuring" and it does look pretty good, I mean Julianne Moore and Chloë Grace Moretz are awesome!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I've never even bothered watching any of the remakes, to be honest - I thought there was only one of them, by the way.

I was around the same age when I watched Carrie, and I can't say I was scared by it - but I was the victim of pretty extreme bullying at the time, and I think that influenced the way I felt about the movie.
Seriously, bullying is the real horror.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraBloodyCara View Post
I have a seriously bad irrational fear of clowns, so just based on the visual alone, I've never been able to sit through It or Killjoy without having a panic attack. I'm not really very embarrassed by that, it's something that I've just learned to deal with in my life.

I am, however, VERY embarrassed that after watching The Fourth Kind two years ago, I made the guy I was dating at the time wait outside the bathroom for me. Because I was that scared.

Don't be jealous of my courage, guys...
Clowns freak me out too, when I saw Poltergeist as a kid, I couldn't have any sort of clown pics, dolls, etc. in my room & still don't. And 4th Kind was a little freaky. Aliens, they creep me out dudes. There's no escape.

Haunted Houses? No problem...walk out the frigging house.

Serial Killers? No problem...they're human, u have a fighting chance.

Zombies? No Problem...crack them in the head as hard as u can.

Vampires? No problem...jam a pointy stick in their chest.

Werewolves? No problem...they don't exist.

Aliens? PROBLEM!!!!!...You can't run, you can't hide, they have way too advanced technology, they can beam you up through an f'ing brick wall, stick a probe up your butt and you will have no recollection of those events whatsoever, kind of like a hard night of drinking.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastNightOnEarth View Post
Clowns freak me out too, when I saw Poltergeist as a kid, I couldn't have any sort of clown pics, dolls, etc. in my room & still don't. And 4th Kind was a little freaky. Aliens, they creep me out dudes. There's no escape.

Aliens? PROBLEM!!!!!...You can't run, you can't hide, they have way too advanced technology, they can beam you up through an f'ing brick wall, stick a probe up your butt and you will have no recollection of those events whatsoever, kind of like a hard night of drinking.
Your reasoning behind not being afraid of Werewolves is that they don't exist? So does that mean you believe Vampires and Zombies exist because you gave actual reasons for not being afraid?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraBloodyCara View Post
Lots of people are afraid of clowns... both of my parents did, which made is SO much fun to watch "IT" with them :D My mom has always been easy to scare, but my dad? Nah, nothing scared him... except for clowns :D

I loved clowns as a kid, and my parents had a hard time with the clown stuff in my bedroom. Later on, after watching "IT", I got into evil clowns... I didn't really think about it at the time, but as cruel as it sounds I think my parents fear of that particular monster was probably part of the reason why :D
Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:

Aliens is my weak spot too! Not the big ones, though... it's the little grey ones that I REALLY don't want to meet! The thing with aliens is... whether or not you actually believe in aliens or not, no one can say for absoutely sure that they're not out there. In fact for many of us, it seems more logical to assume that we're not the only planet in the entire universe with intelligent life.

And it's not really any comfort to tell yourself that they're "probably not that different from us", is it? Because we all know what we would probably do if we landed on a strange planet and encountered a strange looking creature... we would shoot it, or perhaps experiment on it... and if we couldn't find a way to communicate with it, or it seemed to be less intelligent than us, it would be "dinner".
Old 07-23-2013, 04:34 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

The Grey aliens are our friends...it's the Reptilians you have to look out for.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Undead

Quote:
Aliens is my weak spot too! Not the big ones, though... it's the little grey ones that I REALLY don't want to meet! The thing with aliens is... whether or not you actually believe in aliens or not, no one can say for absoutely sure that they're not out there. In fact for many of us, it seems more logical to assume that we're not the only planet in the entire universe with intelligent life.

And it's not really any comfort to tell yourself that they're "probably not that different from us", is it? Because we all know what we would probably do if we landed on a strange planet and encountered a strange looking creature... we would shoot it, or perhaps experiment on it... and if we couldn't find a way to communicate with it, or it seemed to be less intelligent than us, it would be "dinner".
Exactly! I've always gone back and forth with being a true believer in aliens, but I've always been terrified by the thought, and it's always been because I know that humans would mess with them if given the opportunity.

There was this segment in the movie Cartoon Noir that put animations over real recordings of people talking about their "abductions" that sent me over the edge. I don't think it was even meant to disturb but that stuff gives me the willies so bad.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Undead

Quote:

I have always been able to explain the aliens thing. I can't explain why I can't deal with clowns. There is nothing else off-limits. I can watch just about any dismemberment or disembowelment without so much as a flinch, but if there's a clown on the screen, I'm done.

Except the last scene with the clown in Zombieland. Sweet, sweet relief.

Tags
too scary