Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Evil Dead

long time since no mention of this feature! i thought it was a bit dull. although i did like how that bitch finally got what she deserved in the end.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Evil Dead

great movie, haven't seen it since i was fifteen though
the natural stuff if the sickest shit
Old 09-24-2004, 07:43 PM
More, more, more!

Send a message via AIM to Rebel Yell
Creepiest horror I have ever seen. I love it with all of my cold black heart.
You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Neville
I wouldn't consider it a horror movie. I would consider it a revenge movie. Yes, it does show the abnormalities that can happen to the human body, but horror?
I dunno, I'd say it's horror, but not from the abnormalities it shows, but from the way it depicts the darker side of human nature (ie- the vengeful side) after all, the majority of (good) horror is about the darkest recesses of the human psyche, rather than just showing guts and gore? I always think that way, any way...

however, I'm not entirely certain whether it's cleo who's the cause of the horror because of her greed and disgusting scheming, or whether it's the shocking way the freaks take their revenge! :confused:
Old 09-25-2004, 02:32 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
I've never seen it , but it is a favorite of my brother's 'Andyk'...........I reall wish I could find it, or they would at least put in on tv again. Used to put many horrors on late night, now hardly ever......guess everyone is too much into reality shows. :rolleyes:
Old 09-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by rakechan
I dunno, I'd say it's horror, but not from the abnormalities it shows, but from the way it depicts the darker side of human nature (ie- the vengeful side) after all, the majority of (good) horror is about the darkest recesses of the human psyche, rather than just showing guts and gore? I always think that way, any way...

however, I'm not entirely certain whether it's cleo who's the cause of the horror because of her greed and disgusting scheming, or whether it's the shocking way the freaks take their revenge! :confused:

totally agree with
Old 10-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Undead

just watche the movie and totally enjoyed it
Old 10-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Undead

it is a classic, if u look past the black and white (altho in my opinion B+W films kick ass, especially horrors) and look within the story, u find a true tale of terror, made in 1932 and runs for 64 mins, definately worth checking out.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:38 AM
Hellraiser

Actually banned for quite some time in this country, the UK, for whatever reason I'm not quite sure.
The director grew up on the side-show circuit and was rumoured to have had his penis cut off in a car accident, although it was never proven if that was true or not. If I remember correctly his name was Tod Browning and if you like his films then you should read up on his life story because that's just as interesting. The guy is a legend.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I personally love this movie. Although made in the 30s, it feels like a horror comic like Tales From the Crypt because of the "ironic punishment" deal.