Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Evil Puppy

Sony should NOT switch to DVD-ROM because the blu-ray technology they use has dropped for them substantially. Go look at reviews, not just FPS games, but many multi-platform games including Spiderman 3. Hell, the new Ninja Gaiden that just came out for the PS3 has "screen tearing when the camera moves" and "loading times, sometimes even during battles". As far as multi-platform games go, the PS3 has more loading times, choppier graphics, and an unreasonable framerate for the so called powershouse of the systems. Halo 3 was never supposed to be a launch title, I have no idea where you're getting that from. That's like saying the new MGS was supposed to be a launch game. PLUS, they aren't utilizing the entire blu-ray disc and I doubt they will within... probably 3 years. I'm not "bashing sony", I had a PS3 and sold it, I play my 360 a lot and don't see one game STILL that makes me want a PS3. As far as Live goes, it's well worth it. I remember trying to play games online with my PS2 and going through all the different systems that had been set up from game to game and not getting good (or any) matches. I started using Live on the XBox and it was a great experience with quick and easy matches, a "gamertag", I didn't have to set up a new name and password for every game I wanted to play... it was just a better way to do things. I don't think the PS3 will fail but I do see at least a year and a price drop before it becomes a real contender.

Timesplitters 2 on the PS2 was an amazing FPS and probably my favorite "party game" of the last generation.

Last edited by Despare; 05-31-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:24 AM
We ride with death tonite

If I ruled the world (which of course I don't.......yet) the PS3 would be kicking ass the same way that it's predecessors did. But in reality, I don't think that will happen this time around. I'm a playstation head and I have been since day one, but it's looking likt the 360 is going to rule this generation of consoles.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
If I ruled the world (which of course I don't.......yet) the PS3 would be kicking ass the same way that it's predecessors did. But in reality, I don't think that will happen this time around. I'm a playstation head and I have been since day one, but it's looking likt the 360 is going to rule this generation of consoles.
It will do right up until Bill Gates releases the new console within the new 2-3 years. He will also do the same with the software in development (get them to port it to the new console instead of giving the old one the send off it deserves).

Most of the games that are being ported are looking it as they are being emulated, not rewritten from scratch. You have to program the PS3 very differently to any console that has been released before. That is why most of the ports are so bad.

You look at the games for the PS3 only or being programmed for PS3 first, they look awesome as they are being programmed for the machine and not just being ported over using the same bog standard programming method.

The PS3 will shine once people start to realise that the XBox 360 is being pushed to 70%-80% processing power. Motorstorm only used around 16% & Resistance around 20%. We all know that new programming methods are being developed all the time, but there is not alot between them and the PS3 is not even breaking a sweat to do it.

If companies keep on sitting on the fence, then that will hurt Sony in the long run. However with Final Fantasy looking like a sure thing on the PS3 (Wii not powerful enough / XBox not selling enough in Japan), Metal Gear Solid creator saying that the storage capacity of disks on the 360 is not enough for the next generation of games and Konami saying that if the PS3 sells enough then they will only develope for Sony.

The future is not a forgone conclusion, but Sony needs games. If you look at the E3 list on the IGN Sony is getting almost everything the 360 is getting and Sony are developing a whole lot of new games themselves.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippler666 View Post
It will do right up until Bill Gates releases the new console within the new 2-3 years. He will also do the same with the software in development (get them to port it to the new console instead of giving the old one the send off it deserves).

Most of the games that are being ported are looking it as they are being emulated, not rewritten from scratch. You have to program the PS3 very differently to any console that has been released before. That is why most of the ports are so bad.

You look at the games for the PS3 only or being programmed for PS3 first, they look awesome as they are being programmed for the machine and not just being ported over using the same bog standard programming method.

The PS3 will shine once people start to realise that the XBox 360 is being pushed to 70%-80% processing power. Motorstorm only used around 16% & Resistance around 20%. We all know that new programming methods are being developed all the time, but there is not alot between them and the PS3 is not even breaking a sweat to do it.

If companies keep on sitting on the fence, then that will hurt Sony in the long run. However with Final Fantasy looking like a sure thing on the PS3 (Wii not powerful enough / XBox not selling enough in Japan), Metal Gear Solid creator saying that the storage capacity of disks on the 360 is not enough for the next generation of games and Konami saying that if the PS3 sells enough then they will only develope for Sony.

The future is not a forgone conclusion, but Sony needs games. If you look at the E3 list on the IGN Sony is getting almost everything the 360 is getting and Sony are developing a whole lot of new games themselves.
The 360 won't be near 70 -80% for at least another year and a half... the PS3 will probably take two years to get that kind of push.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
The 360 won't be near 70 -80% for at least another year and a half... the PS3 will probably take two years to get that kind of push.
From whats being said about Forza and Halo 3 they are about approaching that figure, but I do agree it will be about that long before mainstream titles are.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippler666 View Post
From whats being said about Forza and Halo 3 they are about approaching that figure, but I do agree it will be about that long before mainstream titles are.
There's no way, it's not that much more souped up than the original. There's been not one system that's pushed the limits like that within the first year, year and a half. Forza 2 isn't getting great graphic reveiws, usually within the 7-8 range and Halo 3 didn't even look that great (we're only talking multiplayer here...) . The texture work was good and the game wasn't ugly by any means but it wasn't a huge jump IMO. I'll buy Halo 3 when it comes out because it was a hell of a lot of fun to play not because it was beautiful.

Ah well, we'll just wait and see while the Wii dominates.

Last edited by Despare; 06-11-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Evil Dead

a really cool website to check out to see how the consoles are selling is www.vgchartz.com.

the wii has almost caught up to the 360. if only the 360 could sell in japan. poor sony. they need to make a price cut. the ps3 is not even selling 20,000 consoles a week. that hurts.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I Am Violence

I support the 360 in this one. Sorry but I hate the WII with a passion and although the PS3 dropped in price it still needs some serious work.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

I have a wii and it's ok. I really want to get a 360 now! I had one last year, it busted and I traded it for credit towards the wii. Now I wish I had a 360!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked up View Post
I have a wii and it's ok. I really want to get a 360 now! I had one last year, it busted and I traded it for credit towards the wii. Now I wish I had a 360!
I would never trade a 360 for a wii.The wii is fun to play for about 10 minutes, then it gets pretty boring.Just the price of the PS3 makes me hate it with a passion.It's 360 all the way I'm sure of that.