Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 09:59 AM
HOMBRE MALO

Just my opinion.....

Nobody reads horror anymore--and there is not that much new to read.

And many--not all--of the new horror movies are CRAP!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:02 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
This forum can still be cool.
Like any other specialized place it can run dry from time to time ... there are so many horror movies out there and just so much that can be said about them .. so things can get dry from time to time until new members with fresh ideas come along, or new movies are released.

in the mean while the general forum serves as a place for people who have come to see each other as friends can goof around as well as share other ideas on this and that.

so .. it should be a fun place .. sort of a playground while the other forums (for the most part) are left for more 'on topic' discussion.

I still think the weekday mornings are a good time here .. lots of kidding and some serious discussion .. but at night the place turns into a shithouse.

There are some people who struggle to get the hang of 'what flies' .. largely due to a younger age. this i can put up with - with a grain of salt ... but the part thats really dragging the forum down is the people who do nothing but bich and chew and stir up shit - fight among themselves - act the badass ... generally become a negative impact on the forum ruining things for everyone but those that thrive on conflict.

i'm too old for that shit - and i'm sure i speak for a few others too.
do i have a solution ? - not really .. people are people .. nothing you can do about that. I think most people have it in them to pull back and get into a more positive groove ... MOST people would rather get along than get into these petty scraps ..

But you should know .. and the evidence is overwhealming - that when the forum turns into a shitstorm of stupidity like its been doing as of late : it attracts more assholes who want to come in here and prove themselves ... and it scares off the majority of people who might actually have something intelligent to add to the place.

Thats why the forum appears to be dying.

if people are concerned about it - then clean up .. treat each other with respect and dont get personal with peoples choices or take it personally when some tactless goof shits all over your favorite movie.

I'm not always the best one for following my own advice but it does take me a fair bit to get riled up .. and its usually to try to mend a hole in the integrity of the place that some asshole is damaging -on purpose.

so - like the old saw says .. be a part of the solution, or be a part of the problem. If you dont want to be a part of the solution - quit complaining.
Everyone, follow my direction:

Old 03-19-2005, 10:02 AM
a people person

well said urgeok

i think that sums it all up
Old 03-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Ninja Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Death By Jell-O Send a message via Yahoo to Death By Jell-O
Quote:
Like any other specialized place it can run dry from time to time ... there are so many horror movies out there and just so much that can be said about them .. so things can get dry from time to time until new members with fresh ideas come along, or new movies are released.

in the mean while the general forum serves as a place for people who have come to see each other as friends can goof around as well as share other ideas on this and that.

so .. it should be a fun place .. sort of a playground while the other forums (for the most part) are left for more 'on topic' discussion.

I still think the weekday mornings are a good time here .. lots of kidding and some serious discussion .. but at night the place turns into a shithouse.

There are some people who struggle to get the hang of 'what flies' .. largely due to a younger age. this i can put up with - with a grain of salt ... but the part thats really dragging the forum down is the people who do nothing but bich and chew and stir up shit - fight among themselves - act the badass ... generally become a negative impact on the forum ruining things for everyone but those that thrive on conflict.

do i have a solution ? - not really .. people are people .. nothing you can do about that. I think most people have it in them to pull back and get into a more positive groove ... MOST people would rather get along than get into these petty scraps ..

But you should know .. and the evidence is overwhealming - that when the forum turns into a shitstorm of stupidity like its been doing as of late : it attracts more assholes who want to come in here and prove themselves ... and it scares off the majority of people who might actually have something intelligent to add to the place.

if people are concerned about it - then clean up .. treat each other with respect and dont get personal with peoples choices or take it personally when some tactless goof shits all over your favorite movie.

I'm not always the best one for following my own advice but it does take me a fair bit to get riled up .. and its usually to try to mend a hole in the integrity of the place that some asshole is damaging -on purpose.

so - like the old saw says .. be a part of the solution, or be a part of the problem. If you dont want to be a part of the solution - quit complaining.
Could you repeat that 5 or 6 more times.......I don't get it....:p

Quote:
Originally Stolen From UrgeOK
Standard Disclaimer.

we the undersigned realize that a woman is a complete being - not a group of individual parts.
We enjoy every aspects of the women and respect them as people. Any mention of specific bodyparts does not diminish this fact.

thank you, the management.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Now she has us.

I'd be inclined to give the exact same view as urg...

.....during your mornings, which incidently is my mid afternoon time zone wise, the forums are all pretty much cool and chilled and we have some good convos, ...most of the posters I guess are older folk who are having a coffee break or two during a busy work schedule etc.

Then by my evening and late at night, which is your afternoon and early evening, which is when all the short busses arrive back at the institutions, from school trips, to offload all the loons, this is when all hell can break loose.... they make a b-line for their computers and start shouting at it, likes it's making them angry... .....which is often evident on these forums.

as for a solution, I'm not realy sure... maybe in a decade or two when the loons are a bit older, shouting at the computer may not seam such a good idea, so for now, I'm still going to enjoy my morning/afternoon coffee breaks.

thats all folks.

:)

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 03-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:

yay i fall into that category :D

short bus forever!
Old 03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Urge and Shanks, you have taken the words from many of our mouths. Love having people like you aboard.

The board isn't dying, but like everything else, is going through cycles. It's going in a lull sometimes and sometimes its going to be hopping. There's no reason we can't revamp old conversations, as they never really die. There are lots of things that can be done.

Last edited by Haunted; 03-19-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
Love having people like you aboard.
haha aboard and we are on a message board HAHAHA
Old 03-19-2005, 02:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Kitty
man you must be drunk!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:25 PM
The Priestless Prostitute

Send a message via AIM to FairyKorpes Send a message via Yahoo to FairyKorpes
Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
Then by my evening and late at night, which is your afternoon and early evening, which is when all the short busses arrive back at the institutions, from school trips, to offload all the loons, this is when all hell can break loose.... they make a b-line for their computers and start shouting at it, likes it's making them angry... .....which is often evident on these forums.
Fuck me raw, that is some funny ass shit~!!!!!!