Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I am actually anxious to see this, have heard good comments from people (for the most part). I will probably check it out Wednesdayish.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Evil Dead

I read the book, I've seen the original movie countless times, saw the movie based on the radio play ("The night America paniced" or something like that) and saw the remake. I liked them all.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:15 AM
im screaming out

I thought it was kick ass it had the Tom Cruise moment with the Grenades The sound was amazing Dakota Fanning was Fucking annoying
Old 07-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Evil Dead

hated it! what the fuck happened to the plot; it's there lightly but hardly. it was no different that any other film which relies on special effects to carry the story.

i was very dissapointed i actually thinking that this film was going to be worth my time but then again i was the one stupid enough to pay to see it and made everyone a few dollars richer. luckally i went to a matenne so they didn't steal to much

yes, fanning was extremly annoying! one would assume that a child as gifted as her would have been given a more plausable role.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Damian

Send a message via AIM to Gren the cake Send a message via Yahoo to Gren the cake
i originally wanted to watch it cuz it was about the book, although i figured that as usual, hollywood would completely butcher it

that and tom cruise has turned into one hell of a dousche as of late, so im planning on boycotting him.

IN REMEMBRANCE OF BARF CUM - .................. ^_^
Old 07-06-2005, 05:54 AM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
I read the book. I saw the movie. I loved the book. I hated the movie.:D
I agree with Haunted - I was avoiding WOTW because I hate Tom Cruise and have realized that S.S. just makes the same movie over and over and over again - subsituting aliens for sharks for nazis for dinosaurs . . .

What killed me about WOTW was how insanely narcissistic it was - why, for instance, do aliens seem to seek Tom Cruise out - I mean wherever he goes they show up. In the 50s film it makes sense as he's a reporter and the whole military connection. But Tom Cruise is just "everyman" - so why do aliens suddenly appear . . . everytime he is near???

Also, I was repulsed by the fairly explicit 9/11 imagery - I know its an "end of the world" film - but I thought it was downright exploitation.

Finally, in another of my extended rants, did it bother anyone else that the protagonist was an utterly vicious selfish bastard who cared nothing about anyone except his family - pushing shoving, shooting -even killing- everyone who got in his way. Indeed, the whole film seemed to suggest that the only way to survive is to kick and stomp everyone else and get whatever you can. That kind of selfish individualism is certainly at the center of current American political/cultural philosophy - its just sad to see it celebrated on the big screen.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Besides that, he's a Scientologist. Now, I'm Wiccan, and we get shit from people, so technically I shouldn't give it out. However, has anyone here researched Scientology? If there's such a thing as a cult, these jokers are it.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Okay, I saw the damn thing, and I give it a 5, mostly because it looked good. I didn't mind that it didn't make a lick of sense; I did mind that there seemed virtually no point to it.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
I'm trying to hate Tom Cruise, didn't plan on seeing the movie anyway.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
I'm trying to hate Tom Cruise, didn't plan on seeing the movie anyway.

he makes it easy for most people