Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
if a movie is really well done - i get into it as far as enjoying it goes .. but i dont believe i have any reactions other than smiling..

(i'll laugh if something is really well done nasty because i appreciate what went into it and excess is funny to me)

oh - and i'm sure i frown when a movie is pissing me off.... i hate wasting my time on crap.
Same here (except that I'm sure I like a lot of movies that many would consider 'crap' :))

For the really inventive kills; creative, amazing special effects; and anything I haven't seen before, I'm likely to react in an even more positive/approving manner, often even throwing out a verbal "niiiice" or "awesome"...And occasionally a "WHOA, did you SEE THAT?" Along with a rewind to watch it again
Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Along with a rewind to watch it again
now that's something i dont do ..

never rewind .. never just watch bits of a movie.

in fact - i wont stop a movie after its started. i wont anwser the phone (well - i never do anyway), or the door ... wont pause for breaks ...

i try to recreate the positive aspects of a theatre experience as much as possible whenever i watch a movie at home.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I normally dont have reactions to this type of stuff, I've been pretty desensitized to it honestly. However if something is gross enough i will squirm and/or gag.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i'm by no means desensitized to hostility .. i cant even watch the fucking news ..

i cant stand any kind of violence or even confrontation in real life ... but after so many years of watching flicks - i never forget that it's 'just a movie' no matter how much i'm into it.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i'm by no means desensitized to hostility .. i cant even watch the fucking news ..

i cant stand any kind of violence or even confrontation in real life ... but after so many years of watching flicks - i never forget that it's 'just a movie' no matter how much i'm into it.
Same with me. I watched this video of the Bradford Football disaster. Basically, within four minutes of a cigarette being thrown down onto a wooden stand (I think it happened in the 80s/early 90s), An entire side of the stadium was up in flames. Policemen spontaneously burst into a ball of fire and people were crawling over the sides to get away from the heat with their clothes smoking. It was really just horrible to watch, and it only happened about 20 minutes from where I live. However, in a film I can't care less.

In fact, it's quite funny, I find myself mimicking the characters facial expressions, even if they're very obscure. Other people have laughed at me doing that too. :o

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Martyrs video should be edited and up later today. I also found a live streaming site if anyone is interested for when I watch the new Last House on the Left. Taking more suggestions for new movies that you think will shock/scare/disturb me. :D
Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Cranky

Dunno about horror filmd but let's see you reacting to a comedy, a tearjerker...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Dunno about horror filmd but let's see you reacting to a comedy, a tearjerker...
I don't know what is wrong with me but I don't laugh at comedies. Maybe something like dead alive, or reanimator, or evil dead. Flat out comedy movies bore me. Will Farell especially. I do laugh at Brit comedy a lot though. I will think about it.

Tearjerkers do get me. There hasn't been a time when the climax of Benny and Joon hasn't had me bawling. I'm tentative to post a video of me crying though.

For both laughing and crying, I don't think I could post that. Me feeling uncomfortable and sad, or scared is fine for some reason. I just have this crooked smile that makes me look silly when I laugh, and I wrinkle my nose up weird when I cry and I am so awkward looking. Maybe though. :confused:
Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Cranky

I thought the whole experiment was about showing yourself being open and vulnerable, eh? Push yourself!

And if you're defining comedy as Will Ferrel movies, no wonder you don't laugh.

Everyone has their limits, I guess.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff

Last edited by neverending; 05-14-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post

Tearjerkers do get me. There hasn't been a time when the climax of Benny and Joon hasn't had me bawling. I'm tentative to post a video of me crying though.
I wouldn't post of video of myself crying because I always look so awful: puffy, red and vulnerable. So, I don't blame you if you're tentative. :o